Sr. Security Application Developer
About the Job
Business Unit: Are you up to the challenge of protecting Comcast's next generation set-top-box (STB) applications, services, and content? IN THIS ROLE WHAT YOU WILL DO WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE WHAT YOU SHOULD POSSESS WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT WHAT WE REQUIRE OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Does raising security to a level where hackers are not even motivated to steal or attack excite you?
Do you have strong reverse-engineering skills?
If yes, we want to hear from you!
For this position, you will be joining a team that is actively working on massively scaled distributed systems that are at the core of the X1 platform. Our series of applications serve close to a billion transactions daily and must maintain high levels of uptime in order to deliver a satisfactory customer experience. Your daily responsibilities will include collaborating with the team to resolve security vulnerabilities assigned to you by your peers in the remediation team.
- Write tested, production-ready application code and scripts to remediate vulnerabilities
- Participate in scrum teams
- Perform code reviews
- Participate in joint design and architecture sessions
- Collaborate with extended security team for recommended remediation approaches
- Interface with other engineering and security teams providing apps or middleware for Comcast X1 platform
- Help advance the goal of building-in security to all Comcast products
- The burndown rate for the security vulnerability backlog increases
- There are zero high risk vulnerabilities over 30 days old
- The Comcast X1 Platform team considers you an indispensable team member
- Understanding of web application, middleware, and application architectures
- Experience with scaled cloud applications
- Passion for cybersecurity, an entrepreneurial spirit, persistence, and resourcefulness
- Discipline to handle confidential matters with appropriate sensitivity
- Ability to communicate complex concepts to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- A cool and casual work environment with chances to showcase your skills
- A culture of innovation and continuous learning
- Training, support, and mentoring to expand and evolve your expertise
- Opportunities to impact the security of Comcast products in millions of homes and businesses
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, preferably in engineering or computer science
- 7+ years of related experience
- Extensive programming experience in Java
- UNIX/Linux background: command line utilities and scripting
- Experience with developing distributed systems and asynchronous messaging
- Experience working with NoSQL databases (e.g., Cassandra and Couchbase)
- Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS, OpenStack,VMWare, and Kubernetes
- Familiarity of Infrastructure Automation tolls (e.g., Packer, Terraform, and Ansible)
- Firm understanding of internet protocols, including TCP / HTTP
- Experience with C, C++
- Proficiency in scripting languages like Python, PERL, and SWIFT on the Linux platform
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Are you up to the challenge of protecting Comcast's next generation set-top-box (STB) applications, services, and content?
IN THIS ROLE
WHAT YOU WILL DO
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
WHAT YOU SHOULD POSSESS
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
WHAT WE REQUIRE
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer