Sr Manager, Dining Services
About the Job
Business Unit: Summary: Core Responsibilities: Additional Responsibilities: Comcast is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Drug-free workplace employer. Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Client liaison responsible for managing dining services relationship with food service provider on the Comcast Philadelphia Campus.
- Oversees the daily operations of employee food services including cafés, coffee bars, catering for events and conference centers, etc. on the Comcast Philadelphia Campus.
- Ensures the successful operations of catering functions with the food services vendor.
- Works with food services management to create/edit menus and marketing, and provide a customized food experience to accommodate employees and clients. Assesses customer preferences, industry trends and current culinary research to facilitate innovation and seasonality in menus for cafés and catering.
- Strives to achieve high standards of food preparation and service with emphasis on menu appeal. Collaborates with Dietician and Wellness Team for the goal of providing healthy food choices and promoting healthy eating within Company guidelines.
- Collaborates with the Special Events Team for the goal of providing world-class events on Campus.
- Works with a variety of internal teams for Company products and services launches, special events and other similar activities within cafés and event spaces.
- Determines food service budget expenditures including operational budgets. Implements effective cost control measures.
- Works with food services vendor for the proper functioning of dining facilities and office/business support services, such as pantries, on Campus. Partners with the Director of Operations for oversight of all equipment maintenance, determining schedule for replacement versus repair.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Directs a team of exempt and/or non-exempt employees and provides operational oversight.
- Cultivates broad knowledge of operational needs and develops strategic objectives and financial goals to meet those needs.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with vendors, business and operational leadership, and internal customers.
- Works with managers in the field to resolve operational issues; recommends new policies and procedures as necessary.
- Oversees financial and Human Resource management activities to ensure compliance with state and federal laws, rules, and regulations.
- Directs and guides staff; contributes to developing Administration staff that are well-trained and perform to Company standards.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Fulfills Floor Captain duties to help provide a safe environment for Comcast employees, visitors and occupants of the Comcast Philadelphia Campus.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. Position may include moving items such as heavy boxes, easels, signs, folding tables, chairs and coatracks.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Responsible for directing and initiating planning, acquisition, operation, and control of Administrative Services. Oversees space allocation, facilities maintenance and operations, and major property and equipment procurement. Develops and implements centralized operations that meet the needs of multiple departments. Builds and manages vendor relationships. Directs a team of exempt and/or non-exempt employees and provides operational oversight. May have responsibility for developing and managing budget.
- BS degree in Hospitality or Culinary degree, or equivalent preferred.
- A minimum of ten years of experience in the hospitality industry including five years in management is required.
- Proficient in budget creation and budget management.
- Considerable knowledge of quantity food production and serving techniques, food safety/sanitation requirements and procedures. ServSafe certified.
- Strong understanding of and experience in vendor management.
- Skilled in using public relations techniques to promote the food services program.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to remain calm and present a positive, professional attitude in a fast-paced environment.
- Adept at handling frequent interruptions and changes in priorities.
- Superior organizational and prioritization expertise, and attention to detail.
- Professional appearance and attire essential in this customer facing and vendor management role.
- Maintenance of confidentiality and representing Comcast in a positive manner.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Comcast is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Drug-free workplace employer.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer