Director Health & Welfare Operations
About the Job
Reynolds American Incorporated is positively transforming the tobacco industry. We’re a family of companies that strives for success in everything we do. The future inspires us because our people are igniting the breakthroughs that are redefining the ways adult tobacco consumers enjoy tobacco in the 21st century.
When other companies talk about growth, they only talk about size. At RAI, we focus on the growth of our people. We take pride in each other’s growth and well-being throughout our careers. We invest in your career and total well-being because we know our companies succeed when our people thrive.
At the RAI companies you’ll have the opportunity to work on iconic brands and revolutionary products by collaborating with visionary, principled and passionate people every day.
This position is within Reynolds American Services Company—a subsidiary that provides support services, including compliance, HR, law, finance, information management, and more to all of the subsidiaries of RAI.
The Director Health & Welfare Operations is responsible for managing all operational aspects of the health & welfare plans including day-to-day plan management, regulatory requirements, and company benefits’ team development. Accountabilities include health & welfare plan administration, vendor management, employee communication, ensuring the plans and programs are managed in accordance with plan provisions, and leading special projects as needed.
Strong written and verbal communication skills are required. The Director must be able to summarize complex issues in a clear, concise and organized manner. The incumbent must establish and maintain credibility and build partnerships across the organization. The role interacts through written and verbal communications with company employees, retirees, management, peers, and external organizations.
Strong project management and problem solving skills are vital for this role. The Director must be able to apply judgment to assess and resolve issues as well as manage multiple processes and initiatives simultaneously to respond effectively in a challenging and changing environment.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee and manage the design and day to day administration of all employee and retiree health & welfare benefit programs (medical, dental, vision, disability, and postretirement health & welfare benefits), policies and procedures based on organizational needs and regulatory requirements/changes
- Evaluate and implement operational changes to benefits programs to improve cost, service, value and efficiencies
- Manage vendor relationships with 3rd party administrators, brokers, and consultants
- Oversee day to day management of health & welfare vendor billing data including reconciliation, validation, and reporting to finance final invoiced payments for financial reporting
- Supervise and develop the benefits team members reporting to the Director
- Lead and direct the annual enrollment process throughout organization
- Develop benefits communications to enhance members’ understanding including conducting benefits education and orientation meetings with employees
- Provide information and guidance to plan participants and work with vendors to resolve issues
- Work with functions across the organization (including other areas of HR) to identify and implement resolutions to issues related to health & welfare
- Implement annual changes in health & welfare programs
- Ensure compliance with plan documents, ERISA, ACA and IRS regulations
- Responsible for updating the plans’ Summary Plan Descriptions
- Supports the Sr. Director of Health and Wellness in the development and execution of various benefits-related initiatives
BS in business related field or equivalent relevant experience
Number of Direct Reports:
Job Title This Position Reports to:
Senior Director of Health & Wellness
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Targeted Annual Bonus
- Relocation assistance available for those who qualify.
Our company offers very competitive compensation and benefit plans, including:
- 401(k) plan that offers opportunity to save on pre- and post-tax basis up to 50 percent of eligible compensation. Company matches 100 percent of employee pre-tax/Roth (401k) contributions up to six percent
- Comprehensive health- and welfare-benefits package
- Eleven paid company holidays annually, plus a generous paid vacation plan based on length of service
- Company-paid sick and personal days, funeral leave and jury duty leave
- Confidential personal financial counseling service
- On-site health clinics and fitness centers
- A matching grants program that enables employees to direct and double their donations to qualifying charitable organizations of their choice
- Health-care advocacy service
- Volunteer service opportunities
- Federal credit union membership through Allegacy Federal Credit Union
- Extensive training opportunities
ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION:
Reynolds American Inc. is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of British American Tobacco p.l.c., and the U.S. parent company of R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Company; Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company, Inc.; American Snuff Company, LLC; Niconovum USA, Inc.; Niconovum AB; R. J. Reynolds Vapor Company; Lorillard Licensing Company, LLC; and Reynolds Brands, Inc..
Reynolds American Inc. and its affiliated companies is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Our organization offers a level of challenge, responsibility and creativity for motivated employees that stands apart from the crowd.
We are also committed to employing a diverse workforce and valuing different perspectives, experiences and talents to maximize the company's potential for successfully achieving its business objectives.
Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly.