Design Engineer 3(Cell Blackhaul)
About the Job
Business Unit: Summary Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex or any other legally protected category.
Cell Blackhaul (CBH) Design Team create high level network designs and financial models to determine required founds for providing premium services to all major cell carriers. Currently CBH projects are located in over 20 markets nationwide and cover 100,000+ individual cell sites every year.
Design Engineer CBH will assist CBH Design Team in the process of network designing and financial analysis of proposed solutions.
Working with regional engineers, Financial Team, Sales Team and Sales Ops Team candidate will be responsible for validating received requests, designing optimal solutions and create financial models.
Understanding of geocoding techniques, MapInfo platform and data analysis will benefit in candidates daily responsibilities and participating in multiple engineering projects requested by internal customers.
All projects assigned to Design Engineer CBH require to be documented according to the internal guidelines.
Offered position will require from candidate: attention to the details, ability to work with various engineering Teams and adaptability to frequent changing environment.
Design Engineer CBH will report directly to CBH Engineering Director.
Successful candidate is required to demonstrate experience with:
MS EXCEL (advanced data processing is a plus)
Work in project oriented environment
Experience with below fields will be considered as a plus:
MAPINFO mapping solutions
Principles of geocoding
Basic knowledge of any GIS**
Understanding of SQL
Experience in engineering projects
Experience in telecommunication industry.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 5-8 years related experience
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Develops practices and procedures for network installation,maintenance and operation.
- Develops and implements test and acceptance criteria for network elements.
- Schedules equipment activations, customer-affecting network maintenance develops documents of customer networks for network users.Meets with potential customers, designs solutions, works with vendors on pricing and implements solutions that are adaptable to customer need changes.
- Exercises judgment during incident management, site design, network configuration and network activation to ensure efficient use of funds and time.
- Designs network site planning for multiple regional network sites.
- Represents Regional Company interests with providers to ensure timely delivery of circuits.
- Develops and maintains network element documentation and inventory.Maintains appropriate inventory or network spare equipment for rapid restoration.
- Orders, tracks and reports on all internal and external wired and wireless connection activation activities.
- Develops cost proposal documents.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex or any other legally protected category.