Manager, Campus Content and Experience
About the Job
Business Unit: Summary Additional Responsibilities: Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
The Manager, Campus Content is responsible for supporting the Director, Campus Content, and VP, Local Media Development in all Comcast campus public-facing installations, including the Comcast Experience video wall and artistic and entertainment installations in the Comcast Technology Center, as well as internal and external video productions, company linear video and digital programs, events, and promotions taking place across the campus.
- Project Management for public-facing art and video installations throughout Comcast campus.
- Managing daily content calendaring, original content creation, and the technical execution of all digital content campus-wide.
- Collaborating with vendors to ensure performance and maintenance and budget adherence.
- Managing and creating new content with internal and outside production companies.
- Managing approval processes on all filming, video productions, events, promotions and public-facing installations.
- Maintaining proper records of productions and ongoing content for all installations.
- Supporting all department events.
- Collaborate with outside entities to ensure standards are met to satisfaction.
- Talent management skills for collaborating with artists and outside vendors.
- Additional responsibilities include calendar management, meeting management, creative briefs, and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent in Communications, Public Relations, English, Sociology, Film, or Political Science preferred.
- 3-5 years of related experience.
- Excellent writing skills and executive communications skills.
- Experience in print, television, radio, or digital production a plus.
- Leadership and project Management skills required to manage an ever-changing calendar of daily events as well as long-range planning for major corporate initiatives.
- Self-motivation and initiative to take the lead in getting the job done on time and on budget.
- Discretion and confidentiality.
- Generally requires 8-11 years related experience.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Responsible for creative development, production and content quality and budget performance of assigned programs. Manages full scope of creative, content, production and some cost/benefit decisions for assigned programs. Develops financial and operational objectives. Ensures operational plans are aligned with business objectives. Contributes to functional strategy development. Has a greater degree of impact on business results, and typically manages one or more groups of professional employees.
- Demonstrates clear expertise and in-depth working knowledge of all areas of the function.
- Oversees the technical standards, show formatting, deal memos, contracts and production policies.
- Implements alternative methods for shooting and editing to enhance each production project.
- Consults with clients; conceptualize and design programs based on client needs.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Monitors budgets and production schedules for individual projects.
- Ensures that production meets the Company's standards.
- Conducts interviews, hires, and trains production staff.
- Organizes and communicates research and footage acquisitions needs.
- Schedules assignments and edits in order to meet all show requirements.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer