Eng 2, Engineering Ops
About the Job
Business Unit: Job Summary: Core Responsibilities: Job Specification: Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Responsible for contributing in project teams, troubleshooting
operational issues, providing technical solutions to operational
problems, new product implementation, implementing existing products and
services, and the overall upkeep and maintenance of designated areas of
engineering. Acts in compliance with industry and Company technical
requirements, standards, policies, and procedures. Works with moderate
guidance in own area of knowledge.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair all but the most complex issues.
Performs maintenance activities with a minimum of supervision and
guidance. Leads technical outage bridges and engages appropriate
resources to drive issues to closure.
- Acts as an advocate for Engineering Operations procedures, policies,
and processes. Ensures projects and initiatives are adhering to Company
- Tracks and reports operational workflows; maintains records of results
and feedback. Analyzes data and metrics, identifies problem areas, and
provides actionable insight.
- Acts as a technical resource in projects and initiatives and ensures
successful project implementation.
- Contributes to design considerations for new products or architectural
changes to existing products.
- Analyses problems in design, configuration, data flow, and data state
within a highly complex multi-product provisioning system.
- Performs routine maintenance tests for designated areas of engineering
and ensures all maintenance is properly validated to minimize impact.
- Provides training and guidance to less experienced team members.
- Attains industry standard certifications and education.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer