About the Job
Business Unit: Job Summary: Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex or any other legally protected category.
Responsible for assisting in the design of system architectures and solutions to bring to market new innovative products which span web service offerings. Assists in the planning, designing, integrating, testing, deploying and supporting of products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
Execute complex test plans to validate interoperability of access and network components and applications
Thoroughly track and document test results and issues
Develop and maintain complex interoperability test plans
Use scripting languages to automate configuration and testing
Install and maintain lab equipment including routers, IP phones, IP-PBXs, access gateways, soft clients
Perform troubleshooting of issues at the protocol level using tools such as Wireshark
Provide logical and concise responses to support questions from vendors and customers
Produce detailed documentation to assist internal support organizations and customers in understanding and using the new product or solution
Provide support to resolve issues that may be escalated by support organizations into the Engineering group
Keep abreast of relevant vendor developments and remain technologically current
Keep abreast of relevant industry standards and apply these standards as necessary
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ATTRIBUTES:
Knowledge of VoIP protocols (SIP/SDP/RTP) are essential to the role
Experience with Wireshark, SSH, FTP, HTTP/HTTPS, TCP, TLS, SRTP is a plus
Must have excellent verbal communication and writing skills
Candidate must show the ability to collaborate in a team environment
Candidate must have the ability to use critical thinking and logic to execute and create complex test plans and to troubleshoot complex problems
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job-Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Develops solutions to a wide range of difficult applications, problems or procedures.
- Supports Lead Engineer with the architecture, design, development,qualification and deployment of applications consistent with product and technical roadmaps.
- Works with engineering project management and lead engineer to deliver applications that meet or exceed product requirements, project schedules and reliability.
- Assists product development and operations teams to define technical requirements to accompany existing products and operation requirements.Designs and develops use cases in support of the technical requirements.Transforms technical requirements into architectures.
- Determines resources, technology and course of action to achieve results.
- Provides leadership and consultative direction to the organization,department and group.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex or any other legally protected category.