Network Engineer IV
About the Job
If you want to make a positive difference and stand out from the crowd, you’ll fit in at The Standard (www.standard.com). Through our retirement plans and insurance products and services, we help people achieve financial well-being and peace of mind. Come join us and share our passion for serving our customers in a positively different way.
When you work at The Standard, you are part of a company that provides customers financial well-being and peace of mind. As a member of our IT team, you work side by side with the business, pursuing strategic opportunities for our company. It’s an exciting time with new products, new distribution channels and new customer needs that are driving big investments in technology. At The Standard, we are large enough for big opportunities and small enough for big impact.
As a Senior Network Infrastructure Engineer you will work with other engineers and architects to research, plan, design, document, deploy and support an enterprise class, highly secure LAN and WAN that serves our business customers, employees and field offices.
Together you will help set the direction for next generation network environments, define best practices, plan for capacity, disaster recovery, efficiency and infrastructure automation.
This position also provides mentorship and tier three technical support to our network operations team.
When escalations occur, you’ll collaborate to investigate root cause, restoration and remediations.
We are on a multi-year program to modernize key infrastructure, business systems and transform how we deploy and operate key infrastructure. This is a unique opportunity to help define and drive automation and DevOps into our future state infrastructure.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with software defined networks such as Cisco ACI, VMWare NSX, IWAN or another SD-WAN.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience designing and implementing a broad array of enterprise network technologies and components: Infoblox, F5 load balancers, Palo Alto firewalls, core and edge devices, LAN, WAN, wireless, switches, routers, MPLS, DNS, VPNs and network security.
- Experience automating network infrastructure configurations via ansible.
- Proven success as a key network team member or lead while partnering with security and operations to deliver robust, reliable network service.
- Azure networking or other on-prem to cloud connectivity experience is a plus.
- SIP experience is a plus.
Skills and abilities:
- Technically curious and driven to learn new skills.
- Critical thinker with strong technical skills, diagnostic skills and problem-solving ability.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills to negotiate direction, drive projects to successful conclusion and deliver knowledge to team members verbally and via clear designs, runbooks and troubleshooting sessions.
- Self-starter, flexible, adaptable, collaborative and motivated to champion continuous improvement.
- Experienced in Lean, Kanban, or Agile development methodologies.
Education and training:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Cisco, Palo Alto, F5 or other network related certifications preferred.
Standard Insurance Company, The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York, Standard Retirement Services, Inc., StanCorp Equities, Inc. and StanCorp Investment Advisers, Inc., marketed as The Standard, are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status or any other condition protected by federal, state or local law. The Standard offers a drug and alcohol free work environment where possession, manufacture, transfer, offer, use of or being impaired by an illegal substance while on Standard property, or in other cases which the company believes might affect operations, safety or reputation of the company is prohibited. The Standard requires a criminal background investigation, drug test, employment, education and licensing verification as a condition of employment. All employees of The Standard must be bondable.
For more information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity applicant rights, click here.
Individuals with disabilities who need assistance or accommodation with the application process should contact HR Direct at 971-321-7871. This number is only for the use of individuals with disabilities who need accommodation with the application process. General inquiries about application status will not be addressed.