Senior Employee Benefits Consultant
About the Job
If you want to make a positive difference and stand out from the crowd, you’ll fit in at The Standard (www.standard.com). Through our retirement plans and insurance products and services, we help people achieve financial well-being and peace of mind. Come join us and share our passion for serving our customers in a positively different way.
This is your opportunity to accelerate your success as our next Group Benefits Sales Professional based out of our Portland, OR office. The territory offers the ideal mix of opportunities, from well-established mature business relationships with area producers to robust market development opportunities.
Primary Responsibilities for this position include:
- Develop and manage a large, dynamic territory, which includes a full range of business, from long established producers to significant growth opportunities. Serve as the key liaison between producers, customers and the company to drive sales goals and personal success.
- Effectively utilize the full range of resources we provide to ensure quota attainment, including a full, locally based service team, home office service groups, marketing and development resources, expertise of peers, Managers etc. to attain sales targets and drive customer satisfaction.
- Develop and continually improve product knowledge, sales skills, and competitive intelligence via both personal and formal development plans and utilize to compete effectively in the local market.
- Seek out opportunities to mentor others, improve team performance and experience, improve practices, share knowledge and enhance the success of the local, regional and national sales team.
To succeed in this exciting role you will need:
- Not less than two years of business sales experience. Ideal candidates will also have experience within the group benefits industry with LTD/STD, Dental, and Life product sales experience.
- Bachelors degree, preferably Business/Marketing/Finance, but all majors considered.
- Proven results attainment in sales: Demonstrable quota attainment, solid & aggressive prospecting skills, territory management methodology, sales process, proposal prep. and presentation, etc.
- Commensurate PC skills (Microsoft office, Sales management tools etc.
- Excellent driving record is required. Must be insurable under corporate insurance carrier.
Standard Insurance Company, The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York, Standard Retirement Services, Inc., StanCorp Equities, Inc. and StanCorp Investment Advisers, Inc., marketed as The Standard, are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status or any other condition protected by federal, state or local law. The Standard offers a drug and alcohol free work environment where possession, manufacture, transfer, offer, use of or being impaired by an illegal substance while on Standard property, or in other cases which the company believes might affect operations, safety or reputation of the company is prohibited. The Standard requires a criminal background investigation, drug test, employment, education and licensing verification as a condition of employment. All employees of The Standard must be bondable.
For more information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity applicant rights, click here.
Individuals with disabilities who need assistance or accommodation with the application process should contact HR Direct at 971-321-7871. This number is only for the use of individuals with disabilities who need accommodation with the application process. General inquiries about application status will not be addressed.