Director, Human Resources
About the Job
Business Unit: Job Summary: Employees at all levels are expected to: Core Responsibilities: Additional Requirements: Job Specification: Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Responsible for leading and participating in the development of Company and Division Human Resources objectives to include: facilitation of strategic planning, identification of Human Resources trends, and definition of Human Resources philosophy for assigned client groups. . Leads the administration of Human Resources policies and procedures as they pertain to all employees within assigned call center client groups. Provides support and direction to Human Resources staff in regard to Human Resources polices, EEO, wage, and salary management, benefits, and training. Partners with functional groups to ensure support is provided in the areas of training, recruiting, compensation, benefits, etc. Provides leadership, development, and direction for direct reports.May have responsibility for developing and managing budget.
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- Human Resources Business Partner for three Care call centers geographically dispersed in St. Paul, MN, Houston, TX, and Sandy, UT.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the industry and business.
- Lead a team of six Human Resources professionals with a solid line reporting relationship. Responsible for the development and growth of those professionals.
- Support Vice President of Care Operations as a Human Resources Business partner.
- Advise and positively influence the business on how to ensure attainment of key targets such as turnover, hiring, internal/external promotion rates, succession planning, employee development and training.
- Advise and positively influence the business on key people issues such as employee relations, employment laws, etc.
- Advise, positively influence and implement on all Human Resources processes including but not limited to compensation, talent, recruiting, succession planning, etc.
- Develops, implements, and coordinates policies and procedures for the Human Resources department to establish and maintain an effective department through managing, advising, and motivating department employees.
- Counsels management and employees on disciplinary actions and performance problems.
- Provides support, direction, and coaching for training and development programs.
- Oversees government, legal, and regulatory requirements and/or complaints in various areas.
- Maintains an efficient recruitment/interviewing function to ensure adequate staffing at all levels.
- Develops Human Resources strategies for business groups that includes workforce planning, pay-for-performance, talent management, talent acquisition, and succession.
- Partners with business leaders to achieve organization and business alignment.
- Leads department personnel, including direct supervision, hiring, training, and performance management.
- Partners with senior management to develop strategic HR goals, policies, and programs that align with business initiatives.
- Operates HRIS system(s) to maintain appropriate data integrity.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Human Resources certification such as Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR), Professional in Human Resources (PHR), Society for Human Resources Management Senior/Certified Professional in Human Resources (SHRM-SCP or SHRM-CP) preferred.
Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
Generally requires 10+ years related experience
Employees at all levels are expected to:
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer