Facilities Database Specialist
About the Job
Business Unit: Job Summary: Responsibilities: Experience: Additional Responsibilities: Employees at all levels are expected to: Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
The Facilities Database Specialist works with the Campus Planning team to manage the reporting and IWMS database input and output. Collect/compile data and develop ad-hoc queries as requested. This role supports all branches of the department Campus Planning, Capital Projects, Space Planning and Relocations.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining a current and accurate database; collect, review, input, update and assemble data for use and analysis
- Develop reports based on space, occupancy, architectural programming, utilization and forecasting
- Review and identify deficiencies in existing system; recommend modifications and enhancements; create new approaches and offer solutions to improve current tasks
- Ensure accurate reporting of information and foster critical relationships between various individuals and organizations both externally and internally
- Participate in space audits
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills as well as report development; have experience with various types of data forecasting
- BA/BS in Facilities Management, Architecture/Interior Design or Real Estate
- 3 years of relevant and successful experience
- Experience with vertical campuses preferred
- Broad knowledge of space planning and interior design principles, architectural methods, industry standards and procedures
- Demonstrate proficiency with business intelligence tools such as Tableau, Power BI, SQL; Ability to manipulate source datasets in Excel and SQL pivots and queries
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 0-2 years related experience
- Excellent presentation skills including fluency in all MS Office Suite applications, MS Project and the ability to quickly learn and effectively utilize various facility management software tools
- Demonstrated strong innovation, collaboration, organization, and communication influencing and analytical skills
- Easily manage multiple assignments simultaneously and exhibit strong customer service daily interactions
- Portfolio or examples required
- Responsible for maintaining office equipment and supplies and handles shipping and receiving operations. Arranges the repair of inoperative equipment. Assists with coordinating building maintenance and repairs. Performs a variety of duties to ensure that the buildings' daily operations function smoothly, and ensures building provides a safe, positive, and professional image of Company.
- Coordinates furniture reconfigurations and employee moves, adds, and changes.
- Ensures accuracy of vendor billing and compiles information for regional executive management for approval on all major repairs.
- Works with building management in coordinating the maintenance, work, and repair of electrical, plumbing.
- Assists with after hours projects and on-call emergencies.
- Ensures that buildings are in compliance with Company & OSHA checklists.
- Maintains floor plan database. Keeps track of Certificate of Insurances and service contracts of approved vendors
- Assists with the management of the office facility to include: coordinating service request with vendors, coordinating employee moves, furniture reconfigurations, pricing, delivery, installation services, and maintaining a floor plan database.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
Employees at all levels are expected to:
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer