Senior Financial Analyst - Treasury
About the Job
Reynolds American Incorporated is positively transforming the tobacco industry. We’re a family of companies that strives for success in everything we do. The future inspires us because our people are igniting the breakthroughs that are redefining the ways adult tobacco consumers enjoy tobacco in the 21st century.
When other companies talk about growth, they only talk about size. At RAI, we focus on the growth of our people. We take pride in each other’s growth and well-being throughout our careers. We invest in your career and total well-being because we know our companies succeed when our people thrive.
At the RAI companies you’ll have the opportunity to work on iconic brands and revolutionary products by collaborating with visionary, principled and passionate people every day.
This position is within Reynolds American Services Company—a subsidiary that provides support services, including compliance, HR, law, finance, information management, and more to all of the subsidiaries of RAI.
The Senior Financial Analyst is an integral part of the RAI Treasury Finance team with career growth opportunities. This position provides analytical and accounting support for over $8 billion in retirement assets.
- Bacheolor degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related area
- Strong knowledge of finance / analytics with at least 2-4 years of experience in accounting, financial analysis or related analytical field
- Demonstrated high proficiency in PC skills and detailed knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel
- CPA, MBA or MAC preferred
- Public accounting / Treasury / banking experience
- Demonstrates strategic thinking with strong influencing and leadership skills
- Adapts in order to be a role model for change; must be flexible
- Possess solid and effective oral and written communication skills; excellent interpersonal and analytical skills
- Possesses the ability to make quick decisions, use good judgment, ask relevant questions to determine appropriate and efficient next steps
- Possesses a high sense of urgency and work ethic
- Works with minimal supervision with the expectation of working as a motivated and cooperative team member; must be a self-starter
- Demonstrates financial responsibility and reliability; must be detail oriented
- Demonstrates the ability to understand and challenge the status quo, as necessary
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide strong support for investment accounting disclosures
- Monitor investment performance reporting at the individual fund manager and overall plan level
- Ownership of budgeting, forecasting and modeling of retirement assets and liabilities
- Variance analysis, accrual determination and enhanced business partnering
- Periodic reconciliations and analysis of various investment related accounts
- Prepare as needed account analysis for employer provided benefits to ensure benefits are reported in accordance with related regulations/principles
- Ensure proper controls are in place to meet all regulatory requirements
- Performs analysis & reconciliations to satisfy SOx and other internal controls
- Assist in the management of a high number of external investment managers and vendors
- Analyze investment data to support activities and make recommendations based on findings
- Assist on an as needed basis with audited financial statements, Form 5500 filings, legal agreements and tax returns
- No direct or indirect reports
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Targeted Annual Bonus
- Relocation assistance available for those who qualify.
Our company offers very competitive compensation and benefit plans, including:
- 401(k) plan that offers opportunity to save on pre- and post-tax basis up to 50 percent of eligible compensation. Company matches 100 percent of employee pre-tax/Roth (401k) contributions up to six percent
- Comprehensive health- and welfare-benefits package
- Eleven paid company holidays annually, plus a generous paid vacation plan based on length of service
- Company-paid sick and personal days, funeral leave and jury duty leave
- Confidential personal financial counseling service
- On-site health clinics and fitness centers
- A matching grants program that enables employees to direct and double their donations to qualifying charitable organizations of their choice
- Health-care advocacy service
- Volunteer service opportunities
- Federal credit union membership through Allegacy Federal Credit Union
- Extensive training opportunities
ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION:
Reynolds American Inc. is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of British American Tobacco p.l.c., and the U.S. parent company of R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Company; Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company, Inc.; American Snuff Company, LLC; Niconovum USA, Inc.; Niconovum AB; R. J. Reynolds Vapor Company; Lorillard Licensing Company, LLC; and Reynolds Brands, Inc..
Reynolds American Inc. and its affiliated companies is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Our organization offers a level of challenge, responsibility and creativity for motivated employees that stands apart from the crowd.
We are also committed to employing a diverse workforce and valuing different perspectives, experiences and talents to maximize the company's potential for successfully achieving its business objectives.
Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly.