Senior Manager, Construction COE - Livermore, CA
About the Job
Business Unit: Military Experience Welcome! Primary Responsibilities: Employees at all levels are expected to: Core Responsibilities: Job Specification: Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Benefits for new hires start on Day 1.
- Responsible for overseeing designs and construction of all activities in support of plant constructions, rebuilds and existing plant upgrades.
- Collaborates with the Director to develop budgets for and allocate appropriate funds for new builds, rebuilds, upgrades and other construction efforts.
- Provides management support for Design, Construction, Fiber Construction, Planned and Emergency Restoration, Utility Relations and Project Management.
- Oversees project cost reconciliation at completion of project build.
- Develops financial and operational objectives.
- Ensures operational plans are aligned with business objectives.
- Contributes to functional strategy development.
- Has a greater degree of impact on business results, and typically manages one or more groups of professional employees.
The Senior Manager, COE will oversee all aspects of Design, Permitting, Survey and Serviceability in California Construction.
This individual will have the unique role of running all the foundational aspects of construction. The leader will be responsible for overall morale and culture of the collective organization.
They will also be held responsible to drive the metrics to meet SLAs (Service level agreements). The ideal candidate will have an overall view of all the domains of knowledge and have led large teams.
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Ensures adherence to recommended Construction standards and practices.
- Maintains a high level of productivity, assuring time frames are met for projects occurring simultaneously and oversees reports on project status.
- Monitors all projects to meet or exceed minimum specification to Comcast Construction Policy, FCC Technical Standards, NEC, OSHA, State, County and/or City, and all other applicable agencies.
- Aligns performance metrics to support the achievement of business, department, and team goals.
- Works closely with division and region staff to ensure consistency and accuracy in reporting, measuring, and monitoring new build and commercial opportunities.
- Works with Marketing and Commercial Development to ensure budgeted subscribers are built, activated, and/or upgraded, as needed.
- Manages the On-Target/Dig-Safe contracts to guarantee the most fluid network underground plant protection, operating procedures, and the best financial pricing for each region within the division.
- Monitors Managers and Supervisors and provides feedback in order to help with career development.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Finance
- Generally requires 8-11 years related experience
Military Experience Welcome!
Employees at all levels are expected to:
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer