Internal Sales Rep. Retirement Plans / The Standard
About the Job
At StanCorp Equities, Inc., the retirement plans sales and marketing arm of The Standard (www.standard.com), we are committed to helping people achieve financial well-being and peace of mind. If you like to make a difference and stand out from the crowd, consider pursuing your career dreams with us.
As an Internal Sales Representative, you will partner with our external wholesalers located in offices across the U.S. to drive home sales opportunities. The Internal Sales Representative role is fast-pasted, demanding and absolutely integral to the success of the sales organization.
This role requires an exceptional communicative and relational skillset, with a natural desire to build both personal and professional relationships with financial advisors. To be successful in this role, you must bring a self-driven personality, the ability to organize and prioritize a high volume of work and the aptitude to learn a complex industry and internal operations.
- Target new sources of business through prospecting high-potential advisor relationships. Identify new sales opportunities through phone outreach, email campaigns and occasional event attendance.
- Partner with external wholesaler to establish deep, long-term working relationships with financial advisors and other key partners.
- Demonstrate product and industry expertise to establish yourself as a valuable resource to sales and key advisor partners. Initiate contact with channel partners regarding our product offering. Facilitate introductions and provide a warm hand-off to your external wholesaler.
- Research and identify opportunities for your peer external wholesalers to meet new channel partners, including the planning, organizing and control of events and producer lists with identified targets and markets.
- Support developing advisor relationships through ongoing support. Follow up with channel partners after meeting with your external wholesaler to address or facilitate resolution of any outstanding issues.
- Provide consulting to channel partners on trends in the marketplace, sales tools and sales opportunities. Coordinate marketing activity and consult on new client opportunity calls with information and ideas to support the selection of Standard as the provider of choice, including due diligence information on products, investment offerings and plan design questions.
- Partner with the sales team to generate sales strategies, ideas and goals.
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience required: 3 or more years of experience in the financial services industry, preferably within retirement plans or the investment brokerage firm environment.
Professional certification required: Either the combination of FINRA Series 6 and 63 licenses, or a FINRA Series 65 license required within 90 days of hire.
Physical demands: Ability to travel occasionally (4-6 times per year).
Standard Insurance Company, The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York, Standard Retirement Services, Inc., StanCorp Equities, Inc., StanCorp Investment Advisers, Inc. and StanCorp Mortgage Investors, LLC, marketed as The Standard, are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age or any other condition protected by federal, state or local law. The Standard offers a drug and alcohol free work environment where possession, manufacture, transfer, offer, use of or being impaired by an illegal substance while on Standard property, or in other cases which the company believes might affect operations, safety or reputation of the company is prohibited. The Standard requires a criminal background investigation, drug test, employment, education and licensing verification as a condition of employment. All employees of The Standard must be bondable.
For more information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity applicant rights, click here.
Individuals with disabilities who need assistance or accommodation with the application process should contact HR Direct at 971-321-7871. This number is only for the use of individuals with disabilities who need accommodation with the application process. General inquiries about application status will not be addressed.