Network Engineer 3, Installation
About the Job
Business Unit: Job Summary: Core Responsibilities: Job Specification: - CCNA/CCNP highly preferred Employees at all levels are expect to: Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Responsible for designing, testing, and turning up circuits in all regions of the CDV and/or Commercial Services network on the Test & Turn Up team. Resolves all first contact issues and escalations in an organized and timely fashion and escalates issues exceeding scope of expertise in a timely manner, as needed. Troubleshoots and provides resolutions according to established practices and procedures. Provides project management and status updates. Contributes on cross-functional teams, as required. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Designs internal circuits and oversees CDV demark to switch. Includes port assignments both in databases and in the physical network elements.
- Tests and turns up new circuits in a production CDV and/or commercial services environment, according to Comcast practices. May recommend new practices and procedures, as necessary.
- Interfaces with commercial customers in regards to commercial product offerings. Troubleshoots issues, providing resolutions according to established practices and procedures.
- Coordinates and resolves service issues with providers and vendors to ensure accurate and timely implementation of new trunk groups and augments to existing trunk groups.
- Coordinates and implements new features, technologies, upgrades, and patches in the production environment with respect to circuit design, turn up, and test.
- Escalates issues in a timely fashion. Provides all relevant information, accurately entering information into database.
- Opens and updates service tickets in database/tracking system.
- Directs efforts so as to maintain service Mean Time to Repair (MTTR) within regional or contractual standards.
- Provides expertise and guidance to junior team members.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 5-7 years related experience
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- CCNA/CCNP highly preferred
Employees at all levels are expect to:
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer