2019 Summer Undergraduate Internship - Trade Marketing (Sales)
About the Job
At Reynolds American (RAI), we’re a family of companies who strive for success in everything we do to positively transform the tobacco industry. The future inspires us because our people are igniting the breakthroughs that are redefining the ways adult tobacco consumers enjoy tobacco in the 21st century.
When other companies talk about growth, they only talk about size. At RAI, we take pride in the growth of our people. We invest in your career and total well-being to help you achieve the remarkable career you envision.
In joining us, you’ll have the opportunity to work on iconic brands and revolutionary products by collaborating with visionary, principled and passionate people every day.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
This position is with RAI Trade Marketing Services Company — the operating company which represents RAI’s entire portfolio of brands.
We are seeking undergraduate students who are rising seniors with a desire to explore an internship that exposes them to consultative sales and marketing. All candidates must be 21 or older by the start of the internship. You will need to be available to work a full-time schedule during our 10-week summer intern program, starting in June.
Trade Marketing Interns will have the opportunity to learn about product sales and distribution, Consumer Marketing Brand Strategies, effective consumer engagement, and tobacco product awareness. Under the guidance of Trade Marketing mentors, interns will be tasked with calling on established traditional and nontraditional retail outlets, building outstanding relationships with store managers/owners, and actively promote the marketing mix and drive performance against assigned quantitative and qualitative sales goals and brand building measures. The Intern will also develop a strategic business analysis project to address real business opportunities.
AS A TRADE MARKETING INTERN IN 2018 YOU WOULD HAVE:
- Met and spoken with RAI President & CEO, Ricardo Oberlander; RJRT President & CCO, Joe Fragnito and RAI TMS President Mike Auger during leadership roundtable events;
- Gained insight into daily life, promotional opportunities and career pathways at RAI Trade Marketing Services Company by working directly with experienced sales professionals in a variety of roles;
- Successfully completed personal development and training sessions on social styles and adaptive communication;
- Presented your findings and recommendations to the leadership team of the sales area in which you worked as well as other executive leadership like the President & CCO of RJ Reynolds Tobacco Company and the President of RAI Trade Marketing Services Co.
TO SUCCEED AS A TRADE MARKETING INTERN IN 2019 YOU SHOULD BE:
- A creative, dependable, self-motivated leader with a passion for winning;
- An innovative problem solver who possess strong communication skills;
AND SOMEONE WHO:
- Wants to fully understand and embrace adult tobacco consumers and their values;
- Has a willingness to take responsibility and accountability;
- Has technical and organizational skills;
- Is trustworthy and dependable;
- Embraces change.
AS AN INTERN DURING THE SUMMER OF 2019 YOU WILL ENJOY:
- A competitive salary;
- Coverage of summer housing costs;
- Company provided laptop, vehicle and gas card;
- Leadership training opportunities;
- Social engagements with the 2019 Summer Internship Class throughout the summer;
- Roundtable Networking Events at which you’ll have the opportunity to meet members of Reynolds American Incorporated’s leadership team including our CEO, COO, and Executive Vice Presidents;
- Participation in Reynolds American’s award winning 401(k) retirement savings plan including company contributions; and
- Confidential personal financial counseling service at no cost to you.
Important Note: During the summer of 2019, RAI Trade Marketing Services Internships will be located throughout 5 sales areas covering the entire United States. During the application process, you will be asked to rank your interest in working in each of the 5 sales areas. Please be honest in your responses and use the ranking system to help us identify your preferences. You will have the opportunity to expand your mobility preferences, to include your interest in multiple zones, if you are selected to move forward in the recruiting process.
Northeast: All of New England, NY, NJ, MD, DE, PA, OH
Southeast: WV, KY, VA, TN, NC, SC, GA, AL, MS
Southern: FL, GA, AL, MS, LA, AR, OK, TX
Midwest: IN, MI, IL, WI, MO, IA, MN, ND, SD, NE, KS
Western: WA, OR, CA, ID, NV, AZ, MT, WY, US, CO, NM
ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION:
Reynolds American Inc. is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of British American Tobacco p.l.c., and the U.S. parent company of R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Company; Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company, Inc.; American Snuff Company, LLC; Niconovum USA, Inc.; Niconovum AB; R. J. Reynolds Vapor Company; Lorillard Licensing Company, LLC; and Reynolds Brands, Inc..
Reynolds American Inc. and its affiliated companies is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Our organization offers a level of challenge, responsibility and creativity for motivated employees that stands apart from the crowd.
We are also committed to employing a diverse workforce and valuing different perspectives, experiences and talents to maximize the company's potential for successfully achieving its business objectives
Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly.