Software Engineer (.NET)
About the Job
Business Unit: Job Summary: Core Responsibilities: Job Specifications: Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Responsible for planning and designing new software and web
applications. Analyzes, tests, and assists with the integration of new
applications. Documents all development activity. Assists with
training non-technical personnel. Has in-depth experience, knowledge
and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities.
Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Possess and display in-depth knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, skills, and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Possess extensive experience in the design and development of complex applications.
- Seek out opportunities to tweak areas of the code base to improve efficiency and performance, maintainability, and/or flexibility of the design.
- Collaborate with the development team to design and deliver high performing applications, which meet organizational needs.
- Work closely with software developers to design, develop, test, configure and maintain existing and new software platforms.
- Package and support deployment of software releases in a timely manner and work with Quality
Assurance team to ensure that the application fits specification and technical requirements.
- Participate in peer-reviews and provide technical suggestions to teammates
- Participate in training representatives and operations staff on internally developed software applications.
- Efficient in the analysis & troubleshooting for production issues & code deployment activity
- Communicate effectively with cross-functional and distributed teams-developers, software quality analysts, and appropriate stakeholder
- Clear, concise and effective communication skills.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experientially proven) in Computer Science or similar discipline
- 5+ years of experience as a software developer
- Experience with Dev Ops/Agile development methodologies including Kanban and Scrum
- Experience with debugging, performance profiling and optimization
- Experience in designing and building test tools and systems
- Internally motivated, able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment
- Experience in designing and building advanced automated build, test and release infrastructure
- Strong communication skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes
- Experience on any third party deployment tools
Additional Required Technical Skills:
- Experience with web service standards (WCF, REST, SOAP)
- Experience in designing API
- Experience in technologies and tools like Jenkins, TeamCity, Octopus Deploy is a plus
- Experience with but not limited to NUnit, MSTest, mock objects.
- Experience in TDD
- Experience with cloud (AWS, Azure) is a plus.
- Strong understanding of object oriented programming, SOA
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer