About the Job
Business Unit: Job Summary: Job Requirements: Qualifications: Solid understanding of algorithm complexity, advanced data structures, computer networking and operating systems Prior experience working with Agile/Scrum methodologies Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Responsible for planning and designing new software and web applications. Analyzes, tests, and assists with the integration of new applications. Documents all development activity. Assists with
training non-technical personnel. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Possess and display in-depth knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, skills, and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Possess experience in the design and development of enterprise applications.
- Design, develop, test, configure and maintain cutting edge existing and new software frameworks and platforms.
- Maintain high standards of software quality within team by establishing good practices and habits.
- Efficient in the analysis & troubleshooting for production issues & code deployment activity
- Communicate effectively with cross-functional and distributed teams other developers, software quality analysts, and appropriate stakeholders
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Internally motivated, able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable Schedule (s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar discipline
5+ years of experience as a software developer
3+ years of expertise in test automation using a programing language.
Strong development experience with at least one of Java , Python, NodeJS and related development frameworks
Design and Develop REST and messaging based software infrastructure and build back-end systems and APIs
Design and develop low latency/high throughput server infrastructure components to handle large volume of transactions
Development expertise in REST/SOAP/JSON API
Solid working knowledge of NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, MongoDB or Couchbase, and graph databases-Neo4j or JanusGraph
Development expertise in message and data pipeline technologies such as Apache Kafka, Kafka Streams, RabbitMQ, Apache Spark/Flink
Strong working knowledge of cloud service platforms; at least one of Openstack/AWS/Azure/Google Cloud
Understanding and experience in distributed system frameworks such as Apache Zookeeper, etcd, Consul, Mesos/Kubernetes, Containers
Experience with Selenium, Spock or Parasoft tools.
Experience in Unix and/or Linux; Unix tools and Unix scripting languages
Experience with database development including relational database design, SQL technologies. Able to optimize SQL and Stored Procedures
Experience in TDD/ CICD
Experience with high-scale, high performance and high availability server development
Solid understanding of algorithm complexity, advanced data structures, computer networking and operating systems
Prior experience working with Agile/Scrum methodologies
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer