Senior Software Engineer (.NET)
About the Job
Business Unit: Job Summary: Core Responsibilities: - Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary. Job Specifications: Additional Required Technical Skills: Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Responsible for planning and designing new software and webapplications. Analyzes, tests, and assists with the integration of newapplications. Oversees the documentation of all development activity.Trains non-technical personnel. Assists with tracking performancemetrics. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities.Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May leadteams or projects and shares expertise.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for howyou do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of ourgame-changing technology, products and services, especially our digitaltools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and beingopen to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working thatbrings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joininghuddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to dobetter for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and ourcommunities
- Possess and display in-depth knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, skills, and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Possess extensive experience in the design and development of complex applications.
- Seek out opportunities to tweak areas of the code base to improve efficiency and performance, maintainability, and/or flexibility of the design.
- Collaborate with project stakeholders to identify product and technical requirements.
- Collaborate with the development team to design and deliver high performing applications, which meet organizational needs.
- Lead technical discussions; collaborate with team members to identify the most effective solutions to technical problems.
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems. Present and defends architectural, design, and technical choices to internal audiences.
- Work closely with software developers to design, develop, test, configure and maintain existing and new software platforms.
- Package and support deployment of software releases in a timely manner and work with Quality Assurance team to ensure that the application fits specification and technical requirements.
- Organize and participate in peer-reviews and provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship
- Maintain high standards of software quality within team by establishing good practices and habits.
- Participate in training representatives and operations staff on internally developed software applications.
- Efficient in the analysis & troubleshooting for production issues & code deployment activity
- Research, write and edit technical documentation, including but not limited to software designs, evaluation plans, test results, technical manuals and formal recommendations and reports.
- Monitor and evaluate competitive applications and products. Reviews literature, patents and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Communicate effectively with cross-functional and distributed teams-developers, software quality analysts, and appropriate stakeholder
- Displays knowledge of, and ability to apply, project management skills.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Clear, concise and effective communication skills.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experientially proven) in Computer Science or similar discipline
- 7+ years of experience as a software developer
- Experience with Dev Ops/Agile development methodologies including Kanban and Scrum
- Experience with debugging, performance profiling and optimization
- Experience in designing and building test tools and systems
- Internally motivated, able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment
- Experience in designing and building advanced automated build, test and release infrastructure
- Strong communication skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes
- Experience on any third party deployment tools
- Experience with web service standards (WCF, REST, SOAP)
- Experience in designing API
- Experience in technologies and tools like Jenkins, TeamCity, Octopus Deploy
- Experience with but not limited to NUnit, MSTest, mock objects.
- Experience in TDD
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
Additional Required Technical Skills:
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer