Senior Software Engineer (.Net)
About the Job
Business Unit: Job Summary: Core Responsibilities: - Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary. Job Specifications: Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Responsible for planning and designing new software and web
applications. Analyzes, tests, and assists with the integration of new
applications. Oversees the documentation of all development activity.
Trains non-technical personnel. Assists with tracking performance
metrics. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities.
Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead
teams or projects and shares expertise.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Possess and display in-depth knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, skills, and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Possess extensive experience in the design and development of complex applications.
- Seek out opportunities to tweak areas of the code base to improve efficiency and performance, maintainability, and/or flexibility of the design.
- Collaborate with project stakeholders to identify product and technical requirements.
- Collaborate with the development team to design and deliver high performing applications, which meet organizational needs.
- Lead technical discussions; collaborate with team members to identify the most effective solutions to technical problems.
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems. Present and defends architectural, design, and technical choices to internal audiences.
- Work closely with software developers to design, develop, test, configure and maintain existing and new software platforms.
- Package and support deployment of software releases in a timely manner and work with Quality
Assurance team to ensure that the application fits specification and technical requirements.
- Organize and participate in peer-reviews and provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship
- Maintain high standards of software quality within team by establishing good practices and habits.
- Participate in training representatives and operations staff on internally developed software applications.
- Efficient in the analysis & troubleshooting for production issues & code deployment activity
- Research, write and edit technical documentation, including but not limited to software designs, evaluation plans, test results, technical manuals and formal recommendations and reports.
- Monitor and evaluate competitive applications and products. Reviews literature, patents and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Communicate effectively with cross-functional and distributed teams-developers, software quality analysts, and appropriate stakeholder
- Displays knowledge of, and ability to apply, project management skills.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Clear, concise and effective communication skills.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experientially proven) in Computer Science or similar discipline
- 7+ years of experience as a software developer
- Experience with Dev Ops/Agile development methodologies including Kanban and Scrum
- Experience with debugging, performance profiling and optimization
- Experience in designing and building test tools and systems
- Internally motivated, able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment
- Experience in designing and building advanced automated build, test and release infrastructure
- Strong communication skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes
- Experience on any third party deployment tools
Additional Required Technical Skills:
- Experience with web service standards (WCF, REST, SOAP)
- Experience in designing API
- Experience in technologies and tools like Jenkins, TeamCity, Octopus Deploy
- Experience with but not limited to NUnit, MSTest, mock objects.
- Experience in TDD
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer