Employee Communications Specialist
About the Job
Business Unit: Benefits for new hires star on Day1 & Military Experience Welcomed! Job Summary: Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Fuel the customer experience transformation at Comcast by joining the West Division Operational Content and Communications team and changing the way we empower frontline employees with the knowledge they need to serve customers. By leveraging your skills as a writer, editor, and designer, you will create compelling communications and knowledge management content in support of a fast-moving customer service operation. You will learn the inner workings of our frontline organizations, build strategic relationships at all levels of the business, and pioneer new approaches and mechanisms to informing our frontlines. We are looking for a self-starter who has a passion for writing and communications strategy, excels at building client relationships, and thrives under the pressure of deadline.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Authors, edits, and publishes customer-impacting, operational content on deadline
- Implements best practices for online communications and translates complex information in easy-to-understand phrasing and formats
- Advises clients on sound communications strategies and tactics
- Builds integrated communication plans in support of cross-functional project teams
- Adapts to change with agility and flexibility; develops innovative approaches to communicating with audiences and delivering for clients
- Manages the organization, documentation, and publication of all customer-impacting content and communications.
- Coordinates with content providers in the design and development of job aids, learning tools, and other communications to enhance user effectiveness.
- Creates strategy and messaging; reviews and edits content of communications materials to ensure content meets established communications standards and guidelines before publication. Ensures prior approvals are coordinated and obtained prior to publishing
- Maintains existing documentation to ensure accuracy and relevance.
- Designs and maintains user feedback reporting systems and provides actionable insight to ensure optimal communications performance.
- Participates in activities designed to improve customer satisfaction and business performance.
- Keeps communications fresh, creative, and engaging.
- Provides mentoring and guidance to Employee Communications Specialist team.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Education Level-Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
Years of Experience-Generally requires 5-7 years related experience
- Preferred: Degree in Journalism, Public Relations, English, Technical Writing, Mass Communications Studies or Graphic Design
- Preferred: Past professional experience working in journalism, knowledge management, internal communications, or external communications
- Preferred: Experience with online publishing tools/HTML
Benefits for new hires star on Day1
Military Experience Welcomed!
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer