Director, Government Affairs
About the Job
Business Unit: Benefits for new hires start on Day 1. & Job Summary: & Employees& at& all& levels& are& expect& to: & Core Responsibilities: & Job Specification: & Additional Requirements: Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Responsible for local government public policy, franchising and regulatory matters for assigned geographic area. Develops and implements strategies to represent Comcast with appointed and elected officials.& Partners with Community Investment team to coordinate investments and partnerships.
- Understand& our& Operating& Principles;& make& them& the& guidelines& for& how you& do& your& job.
- Own& the& customer& experience& -& think& and& act& in& ways& that& put& our customers& first,& give& them& seamless& digital& options& at& every& touchpoint, and& make& them& promoters& of& our& products& and& services.
- Know& your& stuff& -& be& enthusiastic& learners,& users& and& advocates& of& our game-changing& technology,& products& and& services,& especially& our& digital tools& and& experiences.
- Win& as& a& team& -& make& big& things& happen& by& working& together& and& being open& to& new& ideas.
- Be& an& active& part& of& the& Net& Promoter& System& -& a& way& of& working& that brings& more& employee& and& customer& feedback& into& the& company& -& by& joining huddles,& making& call& backs& and& helping& us& elevate& opportunities& to& do better& for& our& customers.
- Drive& results& and& growth.
- Respect& and& promote& inclusion& and& diversity.
- Do& what' s& right& for& each& other,& our& customers,& investors& and& our Communities.
- Help foster and create a Great Place to Work environment in partnership with business leaders.
- Aid and assist in the Professional Development of Others.
- Develops and implements strategy for government affairs and public policy issues for specific franchises as well as strategy for local regulatory initiatives. Secures and maintains franchise operating authority for the company.
- Organizes and directs all franchise renewal efforts in the assigned area, including developing and implementing franchise renewal strategies consistent with corporate guidelines; secures timely franchise renewals on acceptable terms; manages the maintenance of local franchise administration and database information; and ensures the timely delivery of franchise renewal notifications.
- Resolves complex and/or difficult franchise renewals, franchise transfers, and franchise non-compliance issues, as required.
- Develops and maintains relationships with government representatives and regulators at the federal, state, and local level. Travels to attend meetings, hearings, or other events to represent the company.
- Manages outside counsel, consultants, or lobbyists to implement strategies or initiatives.
- Provides leadership and supervision to Government and Regulatory staff including staffing, performance management, compensation administration, office management, etc.
- Maintains community affairs budget(s).
- Oversees programming related to corporate initiatives and community affairs activities.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent -in-Communications, Public Relations, Business
- Generally requires 10+ years related experience
- Ideally 7-10 years of experience working in or with Oregon and southwest Washington government entities.
- Significant experience with building professional relationship and advocating for a cause or brand.
- Experience with public speaking.
- Prior experience negotiating agreements and contracts, preferred.
- Strong written and verbal skills and ability to produce examples of previous professional work.
Benefits for new hires start on Day 1.
Employees& at& all& levels& are& expect& to:
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer