R&D Quadrupole Mass Spectrometry Project Manager
About the Job
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek ---- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
We are looking for an R&D Project Manager to join the fast-paced Agilent Mass Spectrometry R&D Team. As an R&D Project Manager in the Agilent Mass Spec Division, you will manage one or more project teams involved in the investigation, development, productizing and support of existing and new Mass Spectrometry technologies, processes and products. The ideal candidate will have experience with Mass Spectrometry design and/or manufacturing as well as team management and personnel development.
- Partner with cross-functional leaders within Agilent including marketing, engineering, application development, manufacturing, quality, product support and sales to achieve business objectives.
- Work closely with the Mass Spectrometry Marketing team to effectively meet new product introduction goals.
- Establish and maintain close coordination with other business units within Agilent.
- Participating as part of the Agilent Mass Spectrometry leadership team to manage the project and product portfolio, set direction, and promote a culture that supports calculated risk taking, interdisciplinary problem-solving and emphasizes changes that "make a difference" for the company and the industry.
- Manage, motivate and develop a cross-disciplinary team of 5-8 scientists and engineers. Coaching and developing team members to expand the team's capabilities and professional satisfaction.
- Balancing a technology development focus with future market or business needs and manufacturing capabilities.
- Coordinating both near and long term development programs.