Manager, On-Site Service (Employee Benefits)
About the Job
If you want to make a positive difference and stand out from the crowd, you’ll fit in at The Standard (www.standard.com). Through our retirement plans and insurance products and services, we help people achieve financial well-being and peace of mind. Come join us and share our passion for serving our customers in a positively different way.
In this role you will manage, audit, and monitor on-site service staff (customer dedicated SIC employees, typically located on customer premises but occasionally nearby) in partnership with the Director of On-site Services.
- Recruit, hire, develop, and train staff on contract language, service, administration, compliance, systems and their updates through mini-seminars, one-on-ones and team meetings using home office developed training tools as appropriate; determine training needs for the staff; communicate with the Sales Training Team regarding training needs and effectiveness in order to establish priorities for the development of additional training tools.
- Assess skill level of on-site employees, and counsel staff on appropriate development to assure skills will evolve and meet changing requirements.
- Audit and monitor individual and office results frequently and consult with the Employee Benefits Sales Manager to ensure effectiveness of on-site employees for the customer.
- Review, negotiate and resolve complex service issues escalated by staff and other internal and external customers.
Monitor workloads; create and administer approaches to ensure:
- On-site employees have optimal balance of work to support employers.
- On-site employees can be backed up during absences and at termination
- Knowledge of supported employers is captured in a way that does not impact customer during absences or changes of on-site employees.
- Motivate staff in assessing customer needs in order to identify and implement customer-focused improvements to workflow, systems, and procedures and process consistency; coordinate activities with other departments and division stakeholders. Strategize with the 2nd VP Partnerships and National Accounts on service vision and the development of strategies and goals to achieve office service targets. Foster effective relationships within the office, with assigned home office teams and with other internal and external customers.
- Improve overall effectiveness of the on-site service relationship organization by assessing operational weaknesses specific to support and field service.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience is required.
Preferred experience: 1+ years of progressive leadership experience in business environment, including supervisory experience. Advanced analytical skills and problem solving skills. Ability to mine data, and perform critical analysis of key data. Strong communication and leadership skills. Demonstrated change management skills. MS-suite experience
Professional certification required: N/A
Physical Demands: N/A
Standard Insurance Company, The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York, Standard Retirement Services, Inc., StanCorp Equities, Inc. and StanCorp Investment Advisers, Inc., marketed as The Standard, are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status or any other condition protected by federal, state or local law. The Standard offers a drug and alcohol free work environment where possession, manufacture, transfer, offer, use of or being impaired by an illegal substance while on Standard property, or in other cases which the company believes might affect operations, safety or reputation of the company is prohibited. The Standard requires a criminal background investigation, drug test, employment, education and licensing verification as a condition of employment. All employees of The Standard must be bondable.
For more information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity applicant rights, click here.
Individuals with disabilities who need assistance or accommodation with the application process should contact HR Direct at 971-321-7871. This number is only for the use of individuals with disabilities who need accommodation with the application process. General inquiries about application status will not be addressed.