Sr. Financial Analyst, Strategy FP&A
About the Job
Business Unit: Benefits for new hires start on Day 1 & Job Summary: Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Responsible for a variety of complex economic evaluation and planning duties to support corporate planning, and quality control of justification for capital expenditures. Provides financial analysis support to department managers. Participate in special projects, preparing financial data as necessary. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as resource for colleagues with less experience.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Builds effective financial/operational reports and benchmarks to help the Company monitor its progress towards achieving monthly, quarterly, annual, and long-term goals
- Analyzes financial/operational performance and provides insights about drivers and trends
- Ensures stakeholders receive timely, accurate, and meaningful data to support operational and strategic decisions
- Supports monthly, quarterly, and annual financial planning cycles
- Assists with preparing forecasts, variance analyses, and budgets
- Summarizes financial/operational results in functional and regional review decks and narratives
- Participates in development of Long-Range Plan
- Financial modeling, evaluation, and analysis of financial and strategic alternatives
- Performs additional Finance and Business Operations duties and tasks as required
- Assists in the development of strategic plans for existing, new, or proposed business operations.
- Provides analysis and evaluation of cost/expense problems and profit improvement opportunities existing within current business activities.
- Recommends changes in analysis and budgetary methods and procedures; analyzes the impact of various corporate projects and transactions.
- Analyzes and communicates weekly metrics, monthly results, quarterly and annual projections.
- Performs and critiques economic evaluation justifications for capital expenditures.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education Level-Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study-Finance
Years of Experience-Generally requires 3-5 years related experience
Benefits for new hires start on Day 1
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer