Manager, Development & Analytics
About the Job
Business Unit: Summary Preferred Requirements: Education Level: Compliance: Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
The Manager, Development & Analytics will be responsible for developing new processes and procedures for the aggregation and delivery of data as identified by requesting users. The individual will analyze, test, and assist with the integration of new data sets as well as document all development activity. The successful candidate will possess in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in his/her own discipline. The role will typically determine his/her own work priorities and will act as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Interacts with customers to quantify requirements and LOE
- Conducts analysis to determine integration needs
- Develops new ETL processes to integrate external data sources into our internal architecture as needed
- Designs new datasets, views and/or cubes as needed in support of reporting asks
- Maintains documentation and technical requirements, including database/table designs, evaluation plans, test results and formal recommendations and reports
- Provides technical leadership throughout the development process and guidance with regards to practices, procedures and techniques
- Serves as a guide and mentor for junior-level Developers
- Will develop and deliver Tableau dashboards based on developed datasets as needed in conjunction with the Viz team as needed.
- Displays in-depth knowledge of, and ability to apply, process design and redesign skills. Presents and defends architectural, design, and technical choices to internal audiences
- Displays knowledge of, and ability to apply, project management skills.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of Significance
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Minimum 5 years' experience in MS SQL Server Development (including SSIS)
- Experience in SSAS preferred
- Minimum 2 years' experience in Tableau dashboard development.
- Engineering or Computer Science field of study preferred
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Years of Experience:
- Generally requires 6-9 years related experience
Comcast is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer