Executive Director, Strategy & Business Operations
About the Job
Business Unit: Job Summary: Core Responsibilities: Job Specification: - Business plan development and corresponding business analyses. Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Develops and implements strategy to support the integration and ongoing account management of third party non-traditional Over the Top (OTT) content providers on X1. Manage the development and expansion of Xfinity TV's app store. Current partners include Netflix, YouTube, Amazon, Pandora, iHeartRadio, Fandango, Ticketmaster and others. Responsible for development and execution of strategy, business plan, financial model and budget associated with emerging content verticals on X1 platform, including music/streaming audio, gaming, interactivity and contextual commerce/ advertising.
Recommends the allocation of resources to existing businesses. Manages appropriate resources to achieve financial and business objectives. Direct management responsibility. Provides leadership and direction for a team, which may include multiple functional areas.
- Identifies, evaluates and ensures the viability of new business concepts and product ideas in the context of the organization's strengths and capabilities, production capability, quality, costs, and marketplace demands. Evaluates the economics and business models of specific products, services, companies and industry sectors.
- Develops goals, budget, and strategic business plans. Recommends ways to expand sales and profitability. Accountable for profit and loss or budgetary management of assigned products. Oversees business modeling, forecasting, long-range financial planning and reporting for assigned products and verticals.
- Identifies and evaluates new product ideas or strategic product extensions and ensures goals in revenue growth and market share are achieved. Serves as a subject-matter expert for assigned products and verticals.
- Leads business development and partner management efforts for assigned verticals, including but not limited to sourcing potential partners, negotiating business terms, and managing contractual obligations.
- Oversees development of assigned new products and services and ensures customer's needs are met; provides business operational support. Work closely with product and engineering teams to launch and continued optimization of new partners and features.
- Manages lifecycle of new products and services. Ensures the end-to-end customer experience is best experience possible. Work closely with marketing and editorial teams on go-to-market strategy and continued promotional support.
- Ability to work with Comcast back end systems to solution and enable business models (i.e., billing) and standardize platform features.
- Demonstrates excellent project management skills, with a proven track record of successful delivery of projects on time, in line with budget expectations and to strategy.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent.
- Generally requires 14+ years related experience.
- Critical problem-solving skills.
- Experience using Excel, Tableau.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Strong collaboration skills and management of cross functional teams.
- Product management experience in digital media related products.
- Experience in digital advertising, digital marketing and editorial tactics.
- People and team management.
- Business plan development and corresponding business analyses.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer