Software Engineer 3
About the Job
Business Unit: We are looking for a dedicated and passionate Software Engineer to join our Network and Communications engineering team. If you have experience building scalable, cloud based, web applications, are excited about impacting millions of users, look no further! Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
As a Software Engineer, you will specialize in building high-performance, reliable back-end systems and server-side APIs, creating the interconnectivity fabric of the platform and enabling the provisioning of a new and revolutionary class of services to millions of Internet users.
We practice Agile/Scrum methodology and program in a variety of languages such as Java, GoLang, NodeJS, Scala, or Python. We develop a variety of Software driven network services platforms built with a diverse set of technologies.
Design and Develop REST and messaging based software infrastructure and build back-end systems and APIs
Design and develop low latency/high throughput server infrastructure components to handle large volume of transactions
Analyze requirements, design and develop code, unit test code and test tools
Present and defend architectural, design, and technical choices to internal and external audiences.
Comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across Development, QA, ops and other cross functional teams
Designs new software and web applications, supports applications under development, and customizes current applications. Develops software update process for existing applications. Assists in the roll-out of software releases.
Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
Solid understanding of algorithm complexity, parallel/distributed systems, advanced data structures, computer networking and operating systems
Solid understanding of Object Oriented Programming and Design
Strong development experience with atleast one of Java , GoLang, Python, NodeJS and related development frameworks
Development expertise in REST/SOAP/JSON API
Solid working knowledge of NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, MongoDB or Couchbase, and graph databases-Neo4j or JanusGraph
Development expertise in message and data pipeline technologies such as Apache Kafka, Kafka Streams, RabbitMQ, Apache Spark/Flink
Strong working knowledge of cloud service platforms; at least one of Openstack/AWS/Azure/Google Cloud.
Understanding and experience in distributed system frameworks such as Apache Zookeeper, Etcd, Consul, Mesos/Kubernetes, Containers.
Development expertise in building NFV, Cloud orchestration and SDN technologies, nice to have
Development expertise in either ONAP, ONOS or OpenDaylight, nice to have
Proficiency in Service and Network Modeling such as TOSCA, YANG, nice to have
Prior experience working with Agile/Scrum methodologies
5 years' work experience or equivalent programming experience
2+ years' experience with high-scale, high performance and high availability server development
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 5+ years related experience
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
We are looking for a dedicated and passionate Software Engineer to join our Network and Communications engineering team. If you have experience building scalable, cloud based, web applications, are excited about impacting millions of users, look no further!
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer