Engineer 3, Engineering Ops
About the Job
Business Unit: Summary Core Responsibilities Education Level Field of Study Certifications/Skill Set Years of Experience Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Responsible for contributing in one or more areas of expertise in collaboration with various cross-functional project teams. Exercises in-depth knowledge of engineering skills and methodology. Applies long-term objectives and plans related to the company's technical vision to daily activity. Applies innovative solutions for engineering developmental problems that are competitive with industry and company standards with little direction. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Creates system architecture, design, and specification within engineering projects and initiatives. Uses in-depth engineering skills and knowledge to solve difficult development problems and achieve engineering goals.
- Strives to achieve Company business objectives and engineering objectives in daily activity.
- Documents results of applied work processes and practical application of technical standards. Reports results to management. Recommends innovative solutions.
- Utilizes resources to solve moderate development problems and recommends new resources to management.
- Sets the tone and pace for work performance within project groups and impressionable Engineering staff.
- Provide technical support to applications currently in production.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Mentors Jr level engineers and leads individuals through project participation, technical document creation, training and day-to-day technical support.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Experience with Window/Linux Server build, configuration and administration
- Working knowledge of Big Data/Analytics (i.e. Elkstack, Splunk, Grafana)
- Experience with file based workflows
- Experience as hands-on engineer in a Production environment
- Experience with VMWare
- Strong understanding of user and system support, infrastructure devices, video/audio QC
- Working knowledge and understanding of Network Infrastructure
- Working knowledge of Programming Languages (i.e. Java, Ruby, Python, Visual Basic, C, C++, HTML etc)
- Generally requires 5-8 years related experience
Field of Study
Years of Experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer