Senior Financial Analyst - Business Support Pricing-Distribution
About the Job
Reynolds American Incorporated is positively transforming the tobacco industry. We’re a family of companies that strives for success in everything we do. The future inspires us because our people are igniting the breakthroughs that are redefining the ways adult tobacco consumers enjoy tobacco in the 21st century.
When other companies talk about growth, they only talk about size. At RAI, we focus on the growth of our people. We take pride in each other’s growth and well-being throughout our careers. We invest in your career and total well-being because we know our companies succeed when our people thrive.
At the RAI companies you’ll have the opportunity to work on iconic brands and revolutionary products by collaborating with visionary, principled and passionate people every day.
This position is within Reynolds American Services Company—a subsidiary that provides support services, including compliance, HR, law, finance, information management, and more to all of the subsidiaries of RAI.
The Senior Financial Analyst is a highly visible position that is an integral part of the RAI Services Company Finance team with tremendous career growth opportunities. This position provides decision and analytical support to cross functional areas and the finance management team.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position’s primary responsibility is the execution of weekly payments to our contracted retailers (201,000+). This includes Discounting, PEP (Profitability Enhancement Payments), Digital coupon and Contract Payments for all of RAI’s Operating Companies.
- Ensure all controls are in place and functioning as necessary relative to the payment process(es)
- Perform payment analysis as needed
- Perform assigned monthly account reconciliations to satisfy SOx and other internal controls
- Assist within the group during peak times (Monthly Closing; Monthly Estimates; etc)
- Serve as a back-up for specific responsibilities of other roles
- Partner with Information Technology and Trade Marketing in the automation of new payments or implementation of improvements to the payment process
- No direct or indirect reports
Education: Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration or related area required
Experience: Strong knowledge of finance/analytics with at least 2-4 years of experience in Accounting, Financial Analysis or related analytical field required.
- Knowledge of SAP
- Must be a strategic thinker with strong influencing and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills; must possess an ability to make quick decisions and use good judgment.
- Must possess a high sense of urgency and work ethic.
- Must be a self-starter who can work with minimal supervision, with the expectation of working as a motivated and cooperative team member.
- Must be detail oriented, reliable, and financially responsible.
- Demonstrated ability to challenge the status quo.
- Demonstrated excellent PC skills and detailed knowledge of MS Office.
- CPA, MBA or MAC preferred.
- Knowledge of Salesforce
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Targeted Annual Bonus
- Relocation assistance available for those who qualify.
Our company offers very competitive compensation and benefit plans, including:
- 401(k) plan that offers opportunity to save on pre- and post-tax basis up to 50 percent of eligible compensation. Company matches 100 percent of employee pre-tax/Roth (401k) contributions up to six percent
- Comprehensive health- and welfare-benefits package
- Eleven paid company holidays annually, plus a generous paid vacation plan based on length of service
- Company-paid sick and personal days, funeral leave and jury duty leave
- Confidential personal financial counseling service
- On-site health clinics and fitness centers
- A matching grants program that enables employees to direct and double their donations to qualifying charitable organizations of their choice
- Health-care advocacy service
- Volunteer service opportunities
- Federal credit union membership through Allegacy Federal Credit Union
- Extensive training opportunities
ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION:
Reynolds American Inc. is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of British American Tobacco p.l.c., and the U.S. parent company of R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Company; Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company, Inc.; American Snuff Company, LLC; Niconovum USA, Inc.; Niconovum AB; R. J. Reynolds Vapor Company; Lorillard Licensing Company, LLC; and Reynolds Brands, Inc..
Reynolds American Inc. and its affiliated companies is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Our organization offers a level of challenge, responsibility and creativity for motivated employees that stands apart from the crowd.
We are also committed to employing a diverse workforce and valuing different perspectives, experiences and talents to maximize the company's potential for successfully achieving its business objectives.
Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly.