About the Job
We are looking for a talented and innovative Commercial Lawyer to join our EMEA Legal & Contracts team. Preferably the position is based in Belgium but potentially be located in Barcelona, Spain or Waldbronn, Germany. Experience in the pharmaceutical, diagnostic or medical device industry is desired.
You would support our business units and administrative functions in Belgium to resolve or prevent problems or disputes and to protect Agilent assets, technology and management. In addition, you would be supporting Agilent's Diagnostics and Genomics Division n close collaboration with our US and International colleagues in a variety of areas including next generation sequencing, software, cancer and molecular diagnostics, and companion diagnostics. You would develop, review and draft customized contract solutions and represent Agilent in contract negotiations, and other legal matters relating to suppliers, customers and partners, clinical studies and research, in litigation and audits, and in all interactions with government agencies. You would coordinate legal matters handled by outside counsel. Your responsibilities would include local entity's corporate matters, supporting legal compliance, drafting of documents, employment law advice and regulatory matters as well as competition law counseling and data protection advice.
You would be reporting to the EMEA Managing Counsel and contributing to regional and other projects.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Overall legal support for different Business Units and Functions (HR, Finance, Workplace Services) in Belgium;
* Pro-active prevention and management of problems or disputes;
* Review, drafting and negotiation of partner, supplier and customer contracts,
* Special responsibility for Contract, Anti-trust, and Labor law counseling in Belgium;
* Representation of the company in litigation, with government agencies, partners, customers, suppliers, as well as in negotiations on various legal issues;
* Consulting with management in terms of legal compliance;
* Regular assessment of the company's compliance with existing law and effect of new laws on practices and policies effective in the company;
* Identifying areas of legal risk;
* Creation of a variety of legal tools and solutions uniquely suited to the current business situation of Agilent;
* Legal training of employees and managers on various legal topics, and corporate policies and practices;
* Prime country Legal resource for international management team;
* Planning and coordination of Legal activities across internal and external resources.