About the Job
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek ---- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
The Agilent Genomics group is an established leader in providing robust reagents and analysis solutions to the next-generation sequencing (NGS) market. Our team remains committed to offering our NGS customers cutting-edge products and workflow solutions through our continued development efforts. We are looking for new team members excited to join our cross-functional program focused on expanding Agilent NGS capabilities. This is your opportunity to actively contribute in a fast-paced environment that encourages learning and expertise in this high-growth industry.
We are seeking a software verification and validation engineer to take a lead role in ensuring the quality of Agilent's software for high-throughput genomics assays. Your experience will enable you to collaborate with a cross-functional team to develop and execute rigorous test and validation plans that address algorithmic and data quality alongside software quality issues.
Job Description, Position Roles/Responsibilities:
- Partner with bioinformatics scientists and algorithm developers to understand analysis workflows and algorithms and understand how to test them including proactively include corner cases that our customers may encounter.
- Develop Verification and Validation (V&V) and regression tests to ensure that the software product functions per specifications and allows the assay product to meet its specifications. If a specification is not clear or verifiable, engage with marketing, R&D, and quality to clarify.
- Assist, collaborate and consult with internal and external researchers for analysis of NGS and microarray data to collect "golden" test datasets and identify any data types needed to create a complete test plan.
- Prepare necessary test documents as part of PLC of a product release, including test plans and protocols, and test reports.
- Execute tests, including final acceptance testing of the SW with the validation data set for final sign-off before release.
- Work with product management, ensure that no critical or high-priority issues remain at product release.
- Follow and advocate Software Development Life Cycle procedures and conformance to FDA regulations and ISO standards.
- Provide technical/product feedback to R&D and Marketing teams to assist with building the necessary software infrastructure and tools to facilitate product testing. (e.g. Modular code structure for isolated testing).
- Create comparisons with other standard software applications or open source tools that can be shared with customers upon request.
- Develop recommendations that can be communicated to customers in designing their validation procedures.
- Actively seek to improve genomics software quality and in-house analysis pipelines.