Manager, Health and Safety
About the Job
Business Unit: Summary: Core Responsibilities: Job Specification: Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Responsible for managing the administration of occupational safety, accident prevention and industrial hygiene throughout the entire Comcast cable footprint. Plans, organizes, implements, measures and evaluates corporate performance and programs which maximize safety/industrial hygiene objectives. Oversees compliance with legal requirements affecting these programs. Counsels management on the application of sound safety and industrial hygiene principles and practices in support of corporate objectives.
- Preforms national health and safety audits
- Supports personnel with H&S needs including: office ergo support, RCA of I&I and Auto accidents, Wellness programs, slip trips and falls program and MeQuillibrium, Indoor Air Quality programs and OSHA 300A log and postings
- Assists in managing, facilitating & deploying: AED/CRP and First Aid training and Doctor and Demand, Distracted Driving and wellness program of Sleeping, Field Ergo with YoFi, MeQuillilbrium and obesity related conditions
- Manages the administration of training programs in occupational safety and health, including programs in fire prevention and emergency response, first-aid and cardio-pulmonary resuscitation, hearing conservation, respiratory protection, and hazardous material control.
- Manages the administration of safety and industrial hygiene and wellness programs with managers and outside consultants.
- Maintains accident statistics, analyzes trends and proposals, and takes remedial action where necessary.
- Investigates or arranges for all accidents and near-misses be investigated; prepares report of findings, including recommendations to prevent recurrence and implement approved course of action.
- Consults, analyzes, and recommends safe work methods to senior management relative to current and new programs and business.
- Supervises the performance of on-site inspections to audit physical conditions and safe work practices. Manages the research of codes, standards, regulations, etc.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 6-9 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer