India Global Sourcing Manager
About the Job
India Global Sourcing Manager
About the role:
The India Global Sourcing Manager will lead development & implementation of sourcing strategies, provide leadership and direction to India sourcing team & Shared Sourcing Hub ensuring best in class quality, costs and services. The role will be a commercial leadership role in the Country to manage supplier relationships; costs and deliver on key established/agreed KPI's. This individual should be highly skilled in negotiations, with strong analytics background and problem-solving mindset.
About the team:
This role will be part of the APAC & Europe Indirect Materials procurement team whose primary responsibilities include execution of new projects, identifying the right sources of supply, supply chain, performance excellence and logistics with the goal to deliver best in class cost, timing and agreed quality. This team collaborates very closely with the cross functional teams to deliver overall business results.
What you will do:
- Lead and or participate in initiatives to drive continuous improvements in cost management, re-sourcing initiatives, cross functional and/or departmental processes/procedures/work instructions and cost reduction initiatives.
- Lead & mentor India Sourcing Team
- Lead India Shared Sourcing Hub to support global procurement requirements
- Leads the exercise to evaluate supplier capabilities with respect to SoW and recommends best suited suppliers.
- General Contract Negotiations to incorporate favorable terms and conditions to achieve the best quality while supporting product price and delivery objectives.
- Manage India vendor's relationships and supply base. Participate in Global Suppliers quarterly reviews.
- Strong leadership and communication skills. Experience in hiring, developing and leading a procurement team.
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving abilities, and keen detail orientation are critical. Capable of taking data, sorting relevant facts, and providing solutions
- Negotiation and Supplier management skills required with an emphasis on international protocol preferred.
- Strong project management skills required along with the ability to effectively manage multiple projects and staff while supporting frequently changing priorities.
- Outstanding influencing and negotiation skills
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Ability to interpret financial data and apply to decision making
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to prioritize in a complex, fast-paced environment
- Extremely customer focused and takes the time to understand the needs of the business. Strong problem-solving skills.
- Highest degree of ethics and integrity
- Demonstrated success working cross functionally and in a matrix organization
- Progressive sourcing/procurement experience at a multinational corporation with national and global contracts for indirect procurement
- In-depth understanding of best-in-class procurement processes (RFP/RFQ, sourcing, contracting, negotiation, etc.)
- Extensive knowledge of contract terms and conditions and in country laws and regulations across India
- Broad procurement experience in various commodities such as, Real Estate leasing, Office/lab infrastructure projects; Operations, Human Resources, Finance and IT
- Degree in Engineering or Business Administration, or MBA
- 7-10 years of Sourcing experience of in a fast-paced corporate environment including experience with both domestic and international Suppliers.
- 3 to 5 years of managerial experience required.
- Professional certification preferred but not necessary (e.g., Institute of Supply Management -- CPSM, Next Level Purchasing -- SPSM)
- Occasional Domestic and international travel will be required.
Technology you will use:
MS Office, Outlook, SAP-Ariba & Analytics tools.