Companion Diagnostics Project Manager
Agilent Technologies, Inc. Carpinteria, CA
About the Job
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek ---- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Agilent is currently seeking a New Product Development Project Manager in the Companion Diagnostics (CDx) division to utilize their strong mix of leadership, technical and soft skills to aggressively manage New Product Development projects. In this role, the Project Manager will plan, direct and coordinate project activities in order to ensure project goals are accomplished within the approved Scope, Schedule, and Budget. This person will foster a positive team environment that focuses on communication and collaboration with all other company functions -- R&D, regulatory affairs, clinical affairs, design assurance, marketing, operations, finance, supply chain, sales, quality, and customers. This is a great opportunity for a creative, curious, solution-minded person to be part of our CDx Project Management Team. We are customer centric, developing new, innovative products to impact the quality of lives for cancer patients. This position requires an enthusiastic/dedicated Project Manager to help us realize our strategic goals. Interested candidates, who meet the requirements below, are encouraged to apply today!
- Lead CDx New Product Development project teams from concept to post release with strong sense of urgency, utilizing company design control and product launch process.
- Be responsible for scoping the initial project plan, assembling the project teams, and controlling the project execution to ensure timely completion of projects.
- Serve as a direct and principle contact between pharma client teams and Agilent project stakeholders.
- Be a driven Project Manager with a steady focus on Scope Control, Schedule Updates, Budget tracking, and Risk Mangement throughout the life of the project.
- Be responsible for managing medium to large scale and moderately complex global cross-functional development projects.
- Lead weekly cross-functional project meetings with the internal team and joint project teams and maintain minutes and action items.
- Continuously gather feedback from all project team members to track progress and mitigate risk.
- Communicate timelines/milestones/risks on a regular basis to keep internal/external management, the project team and other stakeholders informed.
- Create and manage resource forecast plans, and work directly with line managers to communicate and agree to project staffing requirements.
- Track estimated project revenues and costs against defined metrics; proactively communicate deviations to relevant stakeholders, internal and external.
- Obtain partner approval and create appropriate customer billing requests to achieve revenue targets and cash flow expectations for the business.
- Manage assay production requests for clinical trials and/or internal development activities
- Effectively and proactively identify, document and communicate risks to stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion to facilitate mitigation before they effect critical path.
- Not directly responsible for technical accuracy of design details but is expected to have sufficient knowledge and awareness to recognize when technical problems may exist and to identity and initiate corrective actions.
- Lead preparation and alignment of joint project governance body meetings; including but not limited to joint project team (JPT) and joint steering committee (JSC) meetings
- Establish and maintain project lifecycle documentation
- Work collaboratively with external customers to ensure that Agilent and client interests are addressed in a balanced fashion
- Identify and document customer requests for work outside contracted scope and work with Agilent Business Development to re-scope plans
- Establish trust and work with integrity while motivating others to achieve the goals of the project
- Perform lessons learned on projects and make information available to other project teams
- All activities must be performed in compliance with the Quality System
- Ability to travel up to 15 travel days a year both domestic and international