Market Development Manager - U.S.
About the Job
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek ---- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
We are looking for a high potential leader ready to take on the challenge of growing new market and product opportunities in the Eastern United States. This leadership role includes driving, developing and implementing sales and channel strategies; winning new customers, maximizing customer satisfaction and promoting customer loyalty; and rapidly driving the revenue growth in an exciting, new market.
Market Development Manager
Agilent is seeking a Market Development Manager to drive sales and marketing of our genome engineering products. This individual will implement ramp-to-volume strategies for a new, differentiated product and drive the revenue growth for the portfolio. The Market Development Manager will work in collaboration with sales, marketing, and other stakeholders to determine target market segments, manage positioning, evangelize the products, capture revenues from new strategic accounts and drive the adoption of Agilent's new technology. This is a hands-on, individual contributor role requiring active outbound sales efforts. This is a significant, strategic role within the company and represents growth potential and expansion into leadership roles within the company.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Own the development, rationalization, deployment and realization of go-to-market strategies to expedite market penetration and market share capture in Agilent's current and future genome/cellular engineering portfolio
- Utilize best practice and quality research to generate thoughtful go-to-market strategies and market penetration recommendations associated with our current and future product and service offerings
- Develop and implement demand generation programs, based on clearly stated strategies, priorities, and actions that support the establishment, growth and maintenance of a strong market position
- Work with sales and marketing to communicate a compelling value proposition and sales tools to accelerate sales cycles in each market/channel, ensuring pull through of end-to-end orders
- Prospect into key accounts, including existing account management and cold-calling on new accounts
- Develop with key stakeholders the relevant Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and metrics for marketing campaigns, events, strategic account initiatives
- Assess, map, capture and communicate revenue opportunities for strategic accounts, market access organizations and partners
- Support pricing negotiations and contracts when needed
- Meet or exceed ramp-to-volume revenue quotas, identifying new markets or customers as required
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams as needed to support negotiations in complex, strategic accounts and partnership negotiations
- Aid in the development and training of regional account representatives
- 50%-60% travel is required (mostly continental U.S., Eastern Coast)