Product Manager, (q)PCR
About the Job
We are seeking a highly skilled and very energetic Product Manager to work closely with R&D, Sales, and customers to develop and prioritize product requirements, enhancements, and new product offerings to enable customers to be successful in their incorporation of molecular biology tools into complex protein engineering workflows. The ideal candidate will possess a broad understanding of genomics/genetics, PCR/qPCR, have superior leadership and cross-functional communication skills, and be able to successfully manage complex projects and influence multi-disciplinary teams.
The ideal candidate will have a high level of business acumen which will be leveraged in both the development of strong business cases for the development of new products as well as the rationalization of a more mature product line.
- Develop, refine and communicate molecular biology product requirements, plans and specifications based on first-hand knowledge of molecular biology tools and customer requirements.
- Interface with R&D to translate and prioritize customer requirements into specific bioinformatics software requirements.
- Develop detailed market and customer requirement documents and resulting product roadmap plans. Communicate and implement product plans working closely with marketing, R&D, and manufacturing.
- Develop and support global OEM and VAR customer relationships.
- Develop powerful and targeted marketing collateral in partnership with Marketing Programs and Field Marketing teams to help drive sales of current portfolio as well as new products
- Keep abreast of market and technical trends, competitor products and customer requirements to determine competitive strategies for current and future products.
- Establish relationships with key customers and provide feedback on product offerings.
- Foster a strong working relationship with global sales, partnering effectively to answer questions regarding product offering to drive product sales to achieve growth objectives.
- Approximately 25% travel will be required.