Engineering 2, Design Architecture
About the Job
Business Unit: Benefits for new hires start on Day 1 & Job Summary: Core Responsibilities: & Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Responsible for working with Division and Region Design teams to create and maintain West Division Design Standards. Collaborates with vendors to review quality issues and adherence to SLA’s. Oversee Division Purchase Orders for all Design Vendors. Periodically inspect vendors’ designs to ensure adherence to current specifications. Works with moderate supervision/guidance. Must have a strong understanding of SpatialNET and SpatialNET Dictionaries
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Designs broadband communication systems using various design software packages. Produces layout designs for coaxial and fiber placement, and fiber routing and connectivity.& Verifies designs& are& in adherence to regional hybrid fiber& coax (HFC) architecture
- Conducts analysis to determine efficiency, equipment economy, and systems operation simplicity.
- Collaborates with outside vendors in developing design criteria and preparing layout and detail drawings. Develops criteria and performance specifications required to meet unique operating requirements, building codes, and safety codes.
- Inspects construction and installation to ensure adherence to established drawings, specifications and schedules.
- Prepares special keys, charts, diagrams, and graphic drawings for use by other departments.& Updates and maintains system maps, keys, and design files.& Tracks and keeps current system spreadsheets and documents.
- Reviews& and estimates design costs and generates project& packages& for& construction including design& prints,& bill& of& materials,& and materials and equipment ordering information.& Prepares bid sheets and contracts.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance.& Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Create and update West Division Design Standards in collaboration with Regions
Education Level-Bachelor’s Degree& or& Equivalent
Field of Study-Computer& Science,& Engineering
Years of Experience-Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
- RF Design theory required
- Lode Data experience preferred
- AutoCAD experience preferred
- Strong understanding of SpatialNET and SpatialNET Dictionaries
Benefits for new hires start on Day 1
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer