About the Job
- Architect and design storage infrastructure solutions to support the development and deployment of advanced IP video technologies and services.
- Lead and drive the implementation of reliable, scalable and versatile storage infrastructure.
- Research, develop and drive the forward-looking storage strategy via proof of concepts to ensure the longevity of video storage.
- Foster cross-functional mentoring and knowledge sharing across the various engineering teams.
- Manage and mentor a team of systems engineers, assign and prioritize project tasks.
- Oversee configuration and management of storage infrastructure.
- What your team of skilled engineers performs.
- Provide hands-on systems level engineering and technical oversight for all Storage Platforms.
- Configuration and standardization of storage system fault tolerance, monitoring and stress testing.
- Tests and certifies systems releases and firmware for storage infrastructure components provided by vendors.
- Tier 3 support for critical escalations
- Must be able to work independently, be self-motivated and handle multiple priorities.
- High attention to detail and strong ability to problem solve and drive resolution.
- Proactive ownership, positive attitude, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong facilitation and collaboration skills across multiple teams.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills to clearly articulate complex issues and technologies to senior leadership.
- Strong experience gathering requirements and supporting advanced software development teams in an agile environment.
- Willingness to learn and step outside their comfort zone.
- 12+ years of hands-on experience in systems engineering.
- Experience with large scale distributed storage architectures, IBM Cleversafe, AWS S3 or equivalent object storage technology.
- Knowledge of video storage platforms, video on demand and cloud DVR.
- Experience managing a team of engineers responsible for various infrastructure domains.
- Knowledge of CI/CD methodologies and Immutable Infrastructure.
- Knowledge of Infrastructure Systems & Platforms
- Compute-Linux OS
- Networking VLAN, Routing, Multicast, Unicast
- Data Centers Racks, Power, Cooling
- Automation Bash, Python, Ansible
- Virtualization VMware, OpenStack
- Containers Docker on Kubernetes
- Experience with developing and enforcing standards and best practices in managing large scale cloud infrastructure.
- Strong knowledge of networking concepts (VLAN, TCP/IP, Multicast, Unicast, OSI).
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced agile environment.
What do you get?
- Flexible schedule, telecommuting, work life balance.
- A variety of snacks, drinks and catered lunches.
- Opportunity to collaborate with world class engineers like yourself.
- Recreation games, ping pong, cornhole, foosball
- Excellent company benefits.
- An Awesome boss
The VIPER team is an organization within Comcast Technology Solutions which supports the Product Management, Research & Development, Engineering and Operations for Comcast's World Class Video Experiences in use by Comcast and Syndicated Partners. We support both legacy QAM Video Delivery and the Next Generation IP Video Platform infrastructure from Content Acquisition to the Player Consuming experiences we control the end-to-end Video delivery platforms. These platforms deliver video for live linear, video on-demand and cloud DVR services consumed by more than 20 million customers both in-home and out of home on stb's, connected tv, mobile and desktop products.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer