About the Job
- Architect and design storage infrastructure solutions to support the development and deployment of advanced IP video technologies and services.
- Lead and drive the implementation of reliable, scalable and versatile storage infrastructure.
- Research, develop and drive the forward-looking storage strategy via proof of concepts to ensure the longevity of video storage.
- Foster cross-functional mentoring and knowledge sharing across the various engineering teams.
- Manage and mentor a team of systems engineers, assign and prioritize project tasks.
- Oversee configuration and management of storage infrastructure.
- What your team of skilled engineers performs.
- Provide hands-on systems level engineering and technical oversight for all Storage Platforms.
- Configuration and standardization of storage system fault tolerance, monitoring and stress testing.
- Tests and certifies systems releases and firmware for storage infrastructure components provided by vendors.
- Tier 3 support for critical escalations
- Must be able to work independently, be self-motivated and handle multiple priorities.
- High attention to detail and strong ability to problem solve and drive resolution.
- Proactive ownership, positive attitude, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong facilitation and collaboration skills across multiple teams.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills to clearly articulate complex issues and technologies to senior leadership.
- Strong experience gathering requirements and supporting advanced software development teams in an agile environment.
- Willingness to learn and step outside their comfort zone.
- 12+ years of hands-on experience in systems engineering.
- Experience with large scale distributed storage architectures, IBM Cleversafe, AWS S3 or equivalent object storage technology.
- Knowledge of video storage platforms, video on demand and cloud DVR.
- Experience managing a team of engineers responsible for various infrastructure domains.
- Knowledge of CI/CD methodologies and Immutable Infrastructure.
- Knowledge of Infrastructure Systems & Platforms
- Compute-Linux OS
- Networking VLAN, Routing, Multicast, Unicast
- Data Centers Racks, Power, Cooling
- Automation Bash, Python, Ansible
- Virtualization VMware, OpenStack
- Containers Docker on Kubernetes
- Experience with developing and enforcing standards and best practices in managing large scale cloud infrastructure.
- Strong knowledge of networking concepts (VLAN, TCP/IP, Multicast, Unicast, OSI).
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced agile environment.
What do you get?
- Flexible schedule, telecommuting, work life balance.
- A variety of snacks, drinks and catered lunches.
- Opportunity to collaborate with world class engineers like yourself.
- Recreation games, ping pong, cornhole, foosball
- Excellent company benefits.
- An Awesome boss
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer