About the Job
Title: Regional Vice President, Sales and Marketing, Heartland Region
Reports to: Regional Senior Vice President, Heartland Region
Location: Plymouth, Michigan
Comcast is seeking an inspirational and high performing Regional Vice President to lead marketing strategy and sales channel development for its Heartland Region to drive profitable subscriber and revenue growth. The RVP will be directly responsible for managing local marketing and sales channel strategy and tactics in alignment and coordination with division and corporate-led product strategy, marketing strategy and complimentary sales channels. Comcast's Heartland Region is based in Plymouth, Michigan and serves over two million residential and business customers in Michigan, Indiana and Kentucky.
- Work with region, division and corporate counterparts on the development, coordination and implementation of marketing and sales plans and strategies to achieve subscriber and revenue growth goals.
- Work closely with divisional counterparts to provide input and feedback on development of marketing, product and sales strategies.
- Closely track local competitor product, marketing and sales strategies. Identify threats and opportunities and develop plans to retain and grow market share.
- Coordinate closely with supporting regional functions, including finance, fulfillment and engineering, to insure alignment of focus and resources to achieve common regional growth, revenue and profitability objectives.
- Directly responsible to develop and execute sales strategies for locally controlled sales channels: company-owned stores / service centers, third-party retail, and door-to-door sales.
- Directly responsible for developing and executing strategies aimed at the multiple dwelling unit (MDU) market to expand serviceable properties and drive market share.
- Develop strategies for improving sales channel effectiveness and efficiencies and ensure that sales efforts maximize return on assets while achieving strategic goals.
- Work closely with HR, Talent Acquisition and Comcast University to hire, train, develop and retain necessary personnel to achieve business goals.
- Closely track and analyze subscriber activity to understand drivers of growth and customer churn, improve forecasting of future growth, and develop strategies to address areas of weakness or opportunity.
- Create and execute business strategies to identify new residential developments and market share expansion opportunities. Coordinate with other functional departments, including finance, engineering and business services, to analyze and forecast return on investment potential.
- Responsible for one hundred-plus million dollar local sales and marketing budget, including development of spending and investment plans, evaluation of actual spending against budget and forecast, evaluation of marketing and sales tactic effectiveness, and making adjustments to plans as needed.
Key Skills for Success:
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills.
- Ability to lead a large organization in a dynamic competitive environment.
- Ability to formulate and communicate broad strategic objectives as well as define and execute on small tactical details necessary for success.
- Passionate with a winning attitude in a highly competitive environment.
- Strong combination of multiple sales channel/marketing focus with demonstrated success in grass roots marketing, events sponsorship and community outreach.
- Strong data analytic skills.
- Self-starter who leads by example and personal involvement.
- Builds strong teams and develops individual talent for future success.
- Skillful networker who can work effectively with all levels of the organization and peer functional departments.
- Ability to effect cultural change through coaching, mentoring and motivation.
- Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree preferred.
- Multiple Sales Channel experience
- Prior P&L responsibility.
- Service industry and operations management experience from telecommunications or cable industries.
- Marketing and selling experience in a highly competitive environment and creative ability to find ways to compete.
- Financial and business acumen with proven track record of delivering business results.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer