Data Analyst, Product Architecture
About the Job
Business Unit: Summary Core Responsibilities Additional Preferred Qualifications: Education Level Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
The Product Architecture Analyst will interact directly with product architecture leadership and key business stakeholders to understand data requirements, and deliver solutions that effectively meet those needs. Responsible for working cross-functionally to collect data and develop models to determine trends utilizing a variety of data sources. Imports, cleans, transforms, or manipulates data with the purpose of understanding or making conclusions from the data for decision making purposes. Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Determines relevancy of data and identifies alternative data sources as needed to ensure analytics requested by business owners and technical associates can be completed.
- Analyzes large, complex data to determine actionable business insights using self-service analytics and reporting tools.
- Performs basic research on root cause of data anomalies that are uncovered through normal course of analysis.
- Writes complex SQL to query large data platforms such as Teradata, SQL server,
Oracle, and Hadoop to obtain data necessary for analysis. Combines data as needed from disparate data sources to complete analysis.
- Assists in defining and executing data migration plans to enable movement from legacy systems to future state solutions.
- Participates in defining business intelligence requirements for projects and data requests.
- Participates in multiple enterprise wide projects by providing data analysis to project leaders.
- Follows best practices and established policies in business intelligence data analysis, maintenance, and data quality.
- Produces a variety of reports, graphs, summaries and presentations that convey analytic results and align with business needs.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
-Knowledge of cloud computing technologies, for example, AWS, Azure, etc.
-Experience with AWS S3, Athena and Redshift
-Experience with business intelligence tools. (Tableau, Looker, MicroStrategy, Power BI, SSRS/SSAS, etc.)
-Experience using SQL to analyze large datasets
-Experience in Agile methodology a plus
- Bachelors Degree
Field of Study
- Product Architecture, Business, Business Intelligence, Information Systems, or related field
Years of Experience
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience.
Comcast is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer