Data Engineer III
About the Job
If you want to make a positive difference and stand out from the crowd, you’ll fit in at The Standard (www.standard.com). Through our retirement plans and insurance products and services, we help people achieve financial well-being and peace of mind. Come join us and share our passion for serving our customers in a positively different way.
What We’re Looking For
We’re looking for an amazing senior data engineer to join our talented enterprise data engineering team based in Portland. Our team is responsible for a mature stack of on premise data warehouse utilizing the MSBI stack (SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, and SSRS) and we are in the early stages of a fast-paced integration of Azure data service (Data Factory, Data Lake, Function Apps, HDI, Spark, Databricks, …). We will continue to harden our MSBI stack while we integrate Azure services as we transform our workloads and the speed at which we are able to deliver solutions to business partners.
This key senior data engineering role will be critical to our success and must bring extensive background with traditional RDBMS architecture along with big data technology.
What You’ll Bring
- Our data engineers must be at the top of their game in data engineering game, thrive in a collaborative team environment and enjoy working directly with our business partners.
- Ability to profile data, understand and improve data quality, and bring best practices in data management to our business partners.
- Develop data storage and modeling solutions using tools Azure SQL, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Azure Data Lake, and Hadoop
- Engineer data pipelines using Integration Runtimes, Azure Data Factory, U-SQL, and PolyBase. SSIS experience a plus.
- Spark – how to work with RDDs and Data Frames (emphasis on Data Frames) to query and perform data manipulation.
- Deliver data to end user using tools such as SSAS Tabular models and downstream applications and REST Services. Experience with SSRS and Power BI a plus.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Information Systems or similar technical field of study.
What The Standard Offers
- An opportunity to join an amazing team of talented data engineers responsible for modernizing our enterprise data platform.
- A world-class location in the heart of downtown Portland, Oregon – One of today’s most vibrant cities. The Standard’s campus is located only a few blocks from the vibrant waterfront and surrounded by food carts, breweries, restaurants, and an eclectic mix of local shopping.
- Exercise facilities with locker rooms and showers, bike lockers, and access to almost every transit line within a block.
Competitive salary and benefits including health, dental, vision, and 401(k) with company match as well as pre-tax flexible spending accounts to pay for dependent care as well as commute
Standard Insurance Company, The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York, Standard Retirement Services, Inc., StanCorp Equities, Inc. and StanCorp Investment Advisers, Inc., marketed as The Standard, are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status or any other condition protected by federal, state or local law. The Standard offers a drug and alcohol free work environment where possession, manufacture, transfer, offer, use of or being impaired by an illegal substance while on Standard property, or in other cases which the company believes might affect operations, safety or reputation of the company is prohibited. The Standard requires a criminal background investigation, drug test, employment, education and licensing verification as a condition of employment. All employees of The Standard must be bondable.
For more information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity applicant rights, click here.
Individuals with disabilities who need assistance or accommodation with the application process should contact HR Direct at 971-321-7871. This number is only for the use of individuals with disabilities who need accommodation with the application process. General inquiries about application status will not be addressed.