Xfinity Retail - Assistant Store Manager
About the Job
Business Unit: Job Summary: Core Responsibilities: Job Specification: Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Responsible for the daily operations of a location and delivering a best
in class experience for the store team and for customers. Provide
leadership, guidance, coaching and motivation to the retail sales team
in order to deliver a superior customer experience and achieve desired
sales results. Promote and maintain a performance-based culture, where
employees are inspired to do their best, and act as a mentor to foster
employee professional development. Collaborate with other store leaders
and staff within and outside the functional team to create synergies and
to ensure processes are efficient and operational goals are met.
Maintain a store environment that aligns with established planograms,
and ensure that current branding collateral is visible and functional.
Ensure that all inventory requirements are carried out effectively,
returning, and organizing and securing. Demonstrate advanced knowledge
of company products and services, as well as best practices as they
relate to sales processes, store schedules and customer engagement.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
communities Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Achieves all sales and service metrics through daily supervision,
coaching and consistent performance-management (e.g., discipline) of
retail sales team.
- Proactively coaches and develops store team to perform their
responsibilities at a high level.
- Provides on-boarding support, observes, and provides feedback to new
hires to ensure they are on-track with their training curriculum and
able to provide an exceptional customer experience.
- Ensures store environment consistently follows published planograms
and branding standards, and that all customer demos are fully functional
at all times.
- In cooperation with store manager, oversees all daily sales floor
responsibilities, including proper and efficient staffing and
scheduling, dress code compliance, sales huddles, and resolution of
- Passionately drives store operations consistency with detailed
orientation to back of house standards and showroom floor processes and
procedures. Evaluates current processes, procedures, and overall efforts
for improvement and innovation.
- Drives operational excellence with particular focus on inventory
management. Leads store inventory cycle counts ensuring the timeliness
and compliance with store, channel, and company requirements.
- Reviews store reports looking for improvement opportunities in the
areas of sales, inventory, cash handling, productivity, and net promoter
- Coaches team members on how to position all products with customers.
- Ensures that customers and prospective customers are treated with the
highest levels of courtesy and professionalism.
- Remains current on new and current products and services, industry and
competitive trends, and reinforces findings with the team.
- Administers cash handling policies and procedures.
- Leverages available tools to monitor customer feedback, coach, and
take action to improve the store experience.
- Is well-versed in sales compensation plans and addresses team member
- Builds collaborative relationships with market and region stakeholders
including the operations manager.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 4+ years related experience.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer