Vice President, Global Communications
About the Job
About the job
Reporting to the Senior VP of Human Resources, you will create and drive a compelling companywide communications strategy across multiple channels and platforms, including broadcast and print media, online and social media, and conferences. Your mission is to advance Agilent's reputation with customers investors as well as other key external stakeholders, to engage employees and prospective employees around the world, through the use of communications.
You will lead a highly empowered global team of about 20 communications professionals to tell Agilent's story. Together you will identify and measure effectiveness of communications channels and methods of communicating, including innovative new ways of conveying Agilent's story.
You may also perform some hands-on work, including supporting the CEO, serving as company spokesman with select media, and leading crisis communications. You will also be familiar with areas related to communications, such as philanthropy and government affairs
You must function effectively and diplomatically within a fast-paced organization. You often serve as the "face of Agilent" to external individuals and audiences. You are a strategist, innovator and excellent storyteller, and possess a positive, can-do attitude, bringing fresh ideas and innovative approaches to the group. You are a strong experienced team leader, but also effective at delivering results through others who do not report to him/her.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Defines, develops and drives execution of Agilent communications strategy in order to advance Agilent's brand reputation
- Leads and develops a global professional communications team
- Ensures strategies that engage employees from many different geographic and cultural backgrounds
- Identifies corporate media opportunities and strategies, serving as a media spokesperson when appropriate.
- Oversees crisis communications, working within a multi-function team
- Counsels Agilent leaders, including CEO, on effective methods of communications; including preparing content for CEO engagements worldwide
- Manages country leadership activities through Country General Managers who do not report directly to Communications
- Manages Agilent's community and volunteer activities globally, including Giving Campaign (employee charitable match) and communications about Volunteer Time Off program.
- Serves as Executive Director of the Agilent Technologies charitable Foundation, developing major initiatives and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements. This includes management of the company Archives and History Center that serves external researchers and customer visits.
- Leads government relations, primarily in China, but as needed globally in building key relationships and achieving specific business outcomes through industry groups and individually
- Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach on a consistent basis