Eng 2, Advanced Product Installation
About the Job
Business Unit: Job Summary: Core Responsibilities: Job Specification: Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Responsible for designing, testing, and turning up circuits in all
regions of the CDV and/or Commercial Services network on the Test & Turn
Up team. Resolves all first contact issues and escalations in an
organized and timely fashion and escalates issues exceeding scope of
expertise in a timely manner, as needed. Troubleshoots and provides
resolutions according to established practices and procedures. Provides
project management and status updates. Contributes on cross-functional
teams, as required. Works with moderate guidance in own area of
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Designs internal circuits and oversees CDV demark to switch. Includes
port assignments both in databases and in the physical network elements.
- Tests and turns up new circuits in a production CDV and/or Commercial
environment, according to Comcast practices. Follows established
practices and procedures.
- Interfaces with commercial customers in regards to commercial product
offerings. Troubleshoots issues, providing resolutions according to
established practices and procedures.
- Coordinates and resolves service issues with providers and vendors to
ensure accurate and timely implementation of new trunk groups and
augments to existing trunk groups.
- Coordinates and implements new features, technologies, upgrades, and
patches in the production environment with respect to circuit design,
turn up, and test.
- Escalates issues in a timely fashion. Provides all relevant
information, accurately entering information into database.
- Opens and updates service tickets in database/tracking system.
- Follows procedures to maintain service Mean Time to Repair (MTTR)
within regional or contractual standards.
- Provides knowledge and guidance to junior team members.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering experience preferred
- Telecommunication experience preferred
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer