Senior Network Engineer
About the Job
Business Unit: Job Summary: Core Responsibilities: Job Specification: Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Responsible for detailed design, implementation coordination, andtechnical lead level resourcing for new product integration acrossComcast's converged IP Network, at a market or infrastructure level.Accountable for monitoring and influencing relevant standards bodies
across Transport and IP layer to influence and incorporate emergingtechnologies that reduce costs, increase flexibility, and drive betterscale across Comcast Infrastructure. Design, beta and launch newintegrated voice, video and data products across Converged Network.
Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as akey contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams orprojects and shares expertise.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put ourcustomers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,and make them promoters of our products and services- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digitaltools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and beingopen to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working thatbrings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joininghuddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to dobetter for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and ourcommunities
- Applies tactical and strategic approaches to design and new product introduction; balances constraints and opportunities to driveengineering consensus for new product introduction and methodology.
- Interfaces across the ecosystem to ensure thorough vetting ofsolution.
- Leads matrixed teams, and serves as network technical liaison with adjacent product and engineering teams to ensure smooth introduction ofnew products.
- Produces, reviews, and coaches junior engineers' job roles in detaileddesign work, SMOP creation, and operations execution of complex changeacross converged environment.
- Work in a heavily matrixed environment, and act as integrated teammember or leader with virtual teams to shorten R&D and Design cycle fornew products and network evolution.
- Creates and documents high-level, detailed network designs.
- Communicates applicable design guidelines and provides guidance toensure compliance.
- Strong initiative to build relationships both internally andexternally with minimal supervision/direction from management.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in mattersof significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to worknights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent inEngineering, Computer Science
- CCNP required; F5-SEL/SEG preferred; Perl, Python UNIX Scripting languages a plus
- Generally requires 7-11 years related experience.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer