Eng 3, Network Engineering
About the Job
Business Unit: Job Summary: Core Responsibilities: Job Specification: Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex or any other legally protected category.
Responsible for network site planning, equipment deployment planning,
deployment managing and basic design of network instances. Completes
network deployment, manages contract teams in deployment, provisions and
supports, wireless, Ethernet transport regional network serving
residential and commercial customers. Responds to network incidents,
determines resources needed for correction and corrects or leads team
involved in resolving incident. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and
skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts
as resource for colleagues with less experience.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Develops practices and procedures for network installation,
maintenance and operation.
- Develops and implements test and acceptance criteria for network
- Schedules equipment activations, customer-affecting network
maintenance develops documents of customer networks for network users.
Meets with potential customers, designs solutions, works with vendors
on pricing and implements solutions that are adaptable to customer need
- Exercises judgment during incident management, site design, network
configuration and network activation to ensure efficient use of funds
- Designs network site planning for multiple regional network sites.
- Represents Regional Company interests with providers to ensure timely
delivery of circuits.
- Develops and maintains network element documentation and inventory.
Maintains appropriate inventory or network spare equipment for rapid
- Orders, tracks and reports on all internal and external wired and
wireless connection activation activities.
- Develops cost proposal documents.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 5-8 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex or any other legally protected category.