Manager Building Operations
About the Job
If you want to make a positive difference and stand out from the crowd, you’ll fit in at The Standard (www.standard.com). Through our retirement plans and insurance products and services, we help people achieve financial well-being and peace of mind. Come join us and share our passion for serving our customers in a positively different way.
Responsible for the daily operation, maintenance, preventative maintenance and repairs including plumbing, electrical, HVAC and all other building systems. Must have working knowledge of all building mechanical, electrical, HVAC, plumbing and fire life safety to ensure proper operations.
- Manages building engineering staff, including hiring, training, personnel development.
- Manages security, janitorial, and parking vendors.
- Manages operations and maintenance for assigned facilities and assists in development of operating and capital budgets.
- Assists in operations and maintenance issues, troubleshooting and problem solving as required.
- Recommends/implements improvements for preventive maintenance programs on an on-going basis and develop/maintain effective building-specific maintenance and safety procedure manuals.
- Coordinates maintenance efforts with outside contractors and technicians.
- Oversee all building systems including fire/life safety, plumbing, HVAC and electrical issues and must remain current with latest building management system technology trends.
- Maintains on-going communication with tenants, clients, owners, facility management team and vendors.
- Responds to emergency situations (fire, evacuation, equipment failure etc.) and customer concerns.
- Implements and administers inventory control programs/purchase parts and supplies.
- Develops specifications and assists in solicitation and administration of maintenance/repair service contracts.
- Ensures compliance with applicable codes, requisitions, government agencies and company directives as relates to building operations. Other duties as assigned.
Education: HS Diploma required, BA or technical degree/trade school preferred.
Experience: 7-10 years’ experience in building operations, engineering and equipment and systems maintenance with a minimum of 5 years as a supervisor.
Standard Insurance Company, The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York, Standard Retirement Services, Inc., StanCorp Equities, Inc. and StanCorp Investment Advisers, Inc., marketed as The Standard, are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status or any other condition protected by federal, state or local law. The Standard offers a drug and alcohol free work environment where possession, manufacture, transfer, offer, use of or being impaired by an illegal substance while on Standard property, or in other cases which the company believes might affect operations, safety or reputation of the company is prohibited. The Standard requires a criminal background investigation, drug test, employment, education and licensing verification as a condition of employment. All employees of The Standard must be bondable.
For more information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity applicant rights, click here.
Individuals with disabilities who need assistance or accommodation with the application process should contact HR Direct at 971-321-7871. This number is only for the use of individuals with disabilities who need accommodation with the application process. General inquiries about application status will not be addressed.