About the Job
We are currently seeking a Research Assistant with biological sciences background for our Agilent Technologies office in Carpinteria, CA to work within the field of Companion Diagnostics (CDx).
Do you like to work in a dynamic environment in the field of Oncology? In this position you will under appropriate guidance, plan and execute experiments to develop immunohistochemistry (IHC) assays in the Companion Diagnostics business area. Participate as key contributor in project teams. Facilitate transfer of completed development projects into commercial products. Contribute to improvement of established product reagents/protocols. Contribute to generation of required documentation/procedures. Evaluate/optimize test methods, new antibodies/reagents.
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic, flexible team member who learns quickly, enjoys multi-tasking, and most important, has an interest in the company and our products.
- Perform studies as described and detailed in existing documents
- Execute performance testing of companion diagnostic IHC assays
- Support clinical trial activities, including preparation of study materials and training of study personnel
- Participate in evaluating and reporting experimental results
- Contribute to generation of general protocols, reports and publications
- With training and coaching, increase understanding of histology and pathology, especially with regard to Oncology and relevant Biomarkers