Director, Government Affairs
About the Job
Business Unit: Benefits for new hires start on Day 1. & Summary: & Employees at all levels are expect to: & Primary Responsibilities & Education & Requirements Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Responsible for state legislative, regulatory, and public policy matters for the State of Colorado. Develops and implements legislative strategies, monitors legislation and coordinates state association management, key contacts programs, training, and compliance. Oversees corporate initiatives and works with local government affairs to coordinate community affairs activities.
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- Work as a strategic partner with Corporate, Division and Region senior management team to accomplish business goals of the organization.
- Identify state administrative and legislative issues that impact Comcast’s internal business partners, develop relationships and work with internal subject matter experts to achieve successful outcomes.
- Provide guidance and support at all management levels to ensure consistent and sound state government policy and enhance communication with state officials.
- Develop and implement strategy for state government affairs and public policy issues for Colorado, as well a strategy for state executive and legislative initiatives.
- Draft, analyze and/or present legislation, amendments, and testimony as necessary.
- Develop and maintain relationships with government representatives and regulators at the state level. Travel to attend meetings, hearings, conferences or other events to represent the company.
- Coordinate with Region Vice President and Regional Government Affairs team.
- Manage outside counsel, consultants, and lobbyists to implement strategies or initiatives.
- Consult and coordinate with business units on state procurement opportunities.
- Provide leadership and management with state cable association.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or Government, or related discipline; J.D. preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of related experience.
- Prior Government Affairs experience preferred.
Benefits for new hires start on Day 1.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer