VP Finance - Capital, Tech Ops and Engineering
About the Job
Business Unit: Job Summary: Core Responsibilities: Job Specification: Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Responsible for providing executive-level guidance in support of all financial, accounting, reporting and budgeting activities for Central Division Capital, Tech Ops and Engineering Initiative functions (Fiber Deep, Project Nitro, Project ICE, etc.). Develops and implements sound internal controls, systems, procedures and reporting to ensure timely, accurate, insightful financials and analytics. Role provides financial support and counsel to SVP, Engineering, Central Division and supporting staff members.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Oversees preparation and review of monthly operating financial statements, forecasts, monthly variance analysis, external financial statements, and budget data.
- Analyzes all aspects of financial performance and provides recommendations for improvement.
- Establishes and maintains positive communications and relationships with shareholders and Security Analysts in providing appropriate financial information.
- Oversees all general accounting functions (e.g. payable, general ledger, payroll, etc.) and assures adherence to generally accepted accounting practices.
- Reviews financial statements to ensure accuracy and integrity.
- Provides motivation, direction, and leadership for Finance team and adheres to the policies and standards of the Company.
- Oversees performance of the Finance team and makes changes and modifications to ensure efficient workflow performance.
- Performs additional Business Operations duties and tasks as required.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Finance, Accounting
- Generally requires 15+ years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer