Mgr 2, Software Dev & Engineering
About the Job
Business Unit: Job Summary: Core Responsibilities: & Preferred: Scrum Master Certificate and Scale Agile Framework, SAFE. & Job Specification: Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Responsible for leading a team of Software Development Engineers in the
planning and designing of software and web applications. Manages
projects from design to testing, including new programs, enhancements,
and modifications. Collaborates with Quality Assurance team to conduct
testing. Develops financial and operational objectives. Ensures
operational plans are aligned with business objectives. Contributes to
functional strategy development. Has a greater degree of impact on
business results, and typically manages one or more groups of
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Oversees the planning and designing of software and web applications,
including new programs, enhancements, and modifications.
- Provides guidance to the Software Engineering team and other
departments in identifying product and technical requirements. Serves as
primary point of contact and liaison between Software Engineering and
- Directs implementation initiatives for new software products and
applications. Organizes software update process for existing
applications and coordinates the roll-out of software releases.
- Manages all the deliverables to ensure adherence to deadlines,
specifications, and budgets. Implements performance metrics and prepares
period reports and/or proposals. Monitors and tracks project progress
and reports findings to leadership team.
- Ensures all engineers keep current with technological developments
within the industry. Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and
- Provides leadership and direction to department personnel from
lower-level managers to non-exempt employees.
- Manages cross-project communications.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 8-11 years related experience
Preferred: Scrum Master Certificate and Scale Agile Framework, SAFE.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer